Hi: This is Day 1 for me! I an use all the help I can get! May this be the start of healthier living

Options
I've ballooned up to my maximum weight ever in recent months. Up until about six months ago I walked or swam an hour most everyday.

I'm current at 212pounds. I have 'shrunk' from 5' 7" to 5' 6.4 with osteopenia. I am 57 and know my risk for diabetes is super high. However, I am very low energy these days and very low motivation to exercise.

Both of my parents had diabetes, dad was insulin dependent adult onset. I had a high birth weight son when I was 19 (10 pounds 11 ounces) and was told I was high risk for diabetes even then, even before my parents got diabetes. I broke my arm in Sept right after my dad's death. Mom died six months prior to this. In the last two years I have been diagnosed with pre-diabetic hypoglycemia and sometimes when using my parents testing equipment noted higher than normal blood sugar ratings.

I've been dealing with chronic pain and unstable sleep patterns more than usual since I had to have aggressive PT for my arm.

Overall I eat super healthy, making most of my food from scratch and buying organic foods.

Today I typed in my food and found that I am pretty much on track with that, so this is encouraging...Now, I need more motivation and accountability to do my daily PT exercises (pain makes me not want to) and to walk/swim/dance and get the exercise that is so necessary for improving my wellbeing!

Thanks for reading this! I wish everyone here much happiness, success and encouragment!
Melissa