Suggestions Anyone? Help!

Options
Hey everyone, My name is Megan. Looking to loose some weight and get healthy. Could use any tips or suggestions anyone has. Not matter what i do I cannot seem to get below 200lbs. Lately Ive been eating about 1200 calories a day, and drinking nothing but green tea and water, but I haven't had time to attend the gym since Ive been working about 60hrs a week. Any suggestions to help compensate for not attending the gym? I have a feeling that's why I've stopped losing weight. I'm hoping to get back to the gym next week, but even when I was attending the gym my weight loss was minimal. At the gym I usually do about 30min of cardio and then some strength training.

Also, Does anyone know of any good strength training exercises for people who have had back and knee surgery?

Replies

• MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Megan, do not get discouraged and keep working toward a goal. You will not lose the weight overnight, and give yourself a solid six months and you can make an amazing difference (look around at the success stories....most the amazing ones did not happen in a month or two)

Second, you will hear often at this site that weight loss is accomplished in the kitchen. It is true that going to the gym helps (of course it burns calories and builds muscle which in turn burns more calories) but you totally can lose weight by just tightening up on your diet, finding your metabolic rate and eating at a modest deficit. Honestly.....it really is that simple.

I happen to love working out but it isn't every ones cup of tea (or it may not fit your life).

As for exercises for bad back and knees....someone with more knowledge can help ya there. Good luck

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    BTW Why did you decide on 1200 cals? Not against it per se just wondering why? That is the minimum suggested by MFP and I would think someone over 200lbs could lose at a modest deficit. I am guess 1500cals might be more attainable for you and should still put you in deficit (but please find out your BMR..you want to do this properly).

Read the sexypants article in the newuser forum...it is GOLD
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I decided 1200 because I have little or no activity through the day since I work in an office. 1200 calories is actually working for me and I'm not super hungry.