Medicine Advice

Options
I am starting to have a raw scratchy throat, and I do NOT need to be sick again. I started adding extra vitamin C to my diet today since I just woke up this morning with the icky throat crap.

Any suggestions for other remedies to help ward off the eminent sickness?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am starting to have a raw scratchy throat, and I do NOT need to be sick again. I started adding extra vitamin C to my diet today since I just woke up this morning with the icky throat crap.

Any suggestions for other remedies to help ward off the eminent sickness?

If you are getting a cold, the best thing you can do is get a bit of rest and drink lots of liquids.

The vitamin C thing is a myth, and there isn't really anything you can do to ward it off unfortunately :( My kids eat oranges, strawberries, and veggies like they're going out of style but pretty much stay snot-nosed all winter long.

I find that if I get enough sleep, stay hydrated, take an ibuprofen/decongestant if needed (I don't need them that often), and keep to my normal daily activities, I can make it through.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Sleep all day
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If it's possibly strep, gargle with warm super salty water. And then some Listerine. Repeat.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Rest and extra fluids... feel better OP
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    More sleep. Take a day off from the gym if that's in your regular routine. Repeat until your throat feels better and take a day off work if you can.
  • alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sleep all day

Oh how I wish that was a choice to be made.

kozinskey wrote: »
    More sleep. Take a day off from the gym if that's in your regular routine. Repeat until your throat feels better and take a day off work if you can.

Just getting into the weight loss thing. No gym yet. Thanks for the words of advice!