9 Foods an Athlete Would Never Eat

Options
2»

Replies

• kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    ...What's "wrong" with microwave popcorn?

The fumes after popping have been linking to cancer.

I've been stuck in California for the last three years. There's a prop 65 thing on pretty much everything. When we got our water service, there was a Prop 65 warning. So... I should stop eating/breathing/driving/being outside/wearing sunscreen/drinking anything?

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

I've been stuck in California for the last three years. There's a prop 65 thing on pretty much everything. When we got our water service, there was a Prop 65 warning. So... I should stop eating/breathing/driving/being outside/wearing sunscreen/drinking anything?
    All prop 65 does is help protect establishments from being frivilous sued by people who make dumb claims of chemicals they've ingested in food. Lots of the same chemicals are in raw foods they buy at grocery or farmers markets.
    In a way a good proposition to help protect places that sell food/drink items. Ignorance shouldn't be a reason why people get to sue people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• emeraldgirl2015
    emeraldgirl2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten any of those things 'today' - athlete status for me :)

She say's sipping on a glass of white wine ;)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

I have no idea what prop65 is, but no, I would not suggest you stop eating/breathing/driving/being outside/wearing sunscreen/drinking anything? But you might not want to inhale deeply over a freshly popped bag of microwave popcorn. ;)