Gaining weight

I'm having trouble gaining weight guys so would I need to start except use to bulk muscle or am I better slobbing it until I've put weight on and then training? Don't want to be huge just another near two stone?

Replies

• oceandriveslim_82
    oceandriveslim_82 Posts: 22 Member
    Determine your "maintenance calories" and shoot for 500 over daily. Do 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, 30% of your calories from fat and the rest of your calories come from carbs. NOTE: 1g of carbs = 4 calories
    1g of protein = 4 calories
    1g of fat = 9 calories

YES WEIGHT TRAINING IS A MUST.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Determine your "maintenance calories" and shoot for 500 over daily. Do 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, 30% of your calories from fat and the rest of your calories come from carbs. NOTE: 1g of carbs = 4 calories
    1g of fat = 9 calories

That much protein isn't necessary.

Otherwise, yeah, just eat at a surplus over your maintenance calories, and lift heavy things.
  • Thanks, iv already ate over 2700 caps today, and over by 356, but I will still end up eating again tonight so will just start training again this week.
  • reecej333
    reecej333 Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks, iv already ate over 2700 caps today, and over by 356, but I will still end up eating again tonight so will just start training again this week.

I'm at a very similar stage to you in terms of gaining weight and bulking etc. I have found that the best method is to consume 35mg of Creatine every day for a month then come off for a month and in the month that you are off, you must ensure you get the same amount of creatine but from food alone. This is difficult, but has definitely worked for me.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    1g of fat = 9 calories

So I was always told to eat approx. 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, not two. I think that's sorta overkill, while your muscles certainly require a high amount of protein per day to grow, they don't need that much, your body isn't even going to use all that and crap it out, although I guess it's better to have too much protein than not enough, I jsut find that eating that much protein will fill you up so much that you don't have room for the carbs and fat to make all your calories, ya know? Plus your kidneys will pay for that later in life.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    nothing wrong with slobbing if you are one with low appetite and cant get enough food in... just remember to eat your fruits and veggies too lol.. but srsly you need fiber and micronutrients
  • jym715
    jym715 Posts: 6 Member
    Going through the same thing bro, hard gaining wieght, ive gained before but i lost it quick by slacking off, legs motivate eachother its hard going hard alone