Ladies....a monthly cycle question....

Options
Am I the only one who sees weight loss mostly around their period and ovulation? I know alot of women have the opposite problem, but I cant be the only one who works at weightloss for weeks with no progress then sees a woosh on the scale when my period starts? Any clues why? Seems odd, but as long as I am losing overtime its ok with me!

Replies

• katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I gave the opposite except just before TOTM I sometimes get a decent drop and then the next day it is up again and then I don't see the loss until a few days after TOTM. It is rare I have lost around ovulation but it has happened :)
  • jamie_lee80
    jamie_lee80 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have read that our bodies burn more calories the week before our period. This seems true with me, I always have a great loss during PMS week. Then she shows up and bam, I am up 3 lbs and then it levels back out once she packs up and leaves town :)
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, right before my period starts I lose weight and then as soon as it starts I gain 3 or more pounds. It all evens out in the end, but when I was a WW lifetime maintaining member, I always weighed rigggggghhhhhhhtttt before I started.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    Yes - I am at my smallest just before it starts. I am at my heaviest the first 2 weeks of the month.
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I have a one day drop of 2-3 lbs. I retain water the week before my period, and release the day of my period. My weight loss is the same overall, just masked the week before my period by water retention, and revealed by whoosh.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I always bloat during ovulation, but NOT before TOM.