Ladies this is for you...mommy belly issue

Options
Kblady1
Kblady1 Posts: 13 Member
Ok, I've had three babies and my baby belly is well let's say not pretty...I like to run but if there any good exercise clothing that helps everything stay put?? We have sports bras for the chest is there anything that can help me not feel so self conscious when I run when the baby belly jiggles?? Sorry if this is TMI but my pregnancy with my daughter I was the size of a woman having twins due to some issues and so my belly really stretched out.....

Replies

• hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Try bicycle shorts (without seat padding) under your workout shorts. Or get swim trunks (the boy-short style for women) to wear under your workout shorts.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I used to wear an inexpensive body shaper I got from the pharmacy underneath a pair of running shorts. I was getting terrible pain and cramping with the loose bits flailing around in shorts alone. The control top really helped. I don't wear it anymore because I made enough of a difference that I no longer need the extra support. Only had one baby though, but I gained 67lbs with the pregnancy, so I did have a lot of stretching and loose skin.
  • bj1220
    bj1220 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Mombod fitsplint was recommended to me recently. It looks like a good product, though I've not tried it.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I have a wiggly belly and I use long, tight sports bra/tops that have the built in bra but come down to the hips. It keeps everything in place.
  • tebreiner
    tebreiner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I still have a couple pair of the underarmour ones they call 'women's compression gear'; they are high waisted before everything went to the hips (my daughter told me she saw high waisted pants are coming back). Those shirts with the built in bras just roll up on me. I see the one on walgreens website for $30, great idea, I'll see if I can find one today
    thks for the read
    teresa
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Costco Canada sells a great piece of shapewear called Fat Free Dressing tanks.
  • tebreiner
    tebreiner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    our costco down south doesn't have them so I did a search for the name 'fat free dressing tanks' and I found them, made by 'maidenform' called 'flexees' with online sellers like amazon
    also found one called 'fat free hi-waist boyshort'
    thks for the info
    teresa
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yes, those are the ones! I have never tried the shirt but the tanks are amazing; they smooth everything out and suck you in without feeling like a corset. I have worn them constantly since my second csection two years ago.