hydroxycut

Options
Has anyone used hydroxycut gummies there suppose to help your appetite so u don't eat as much I just ordered some on amazon but was checking to see if anyone has had success on them

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I took them....they didn't work. Huge waste of money. What did work was eating less than I burned and counting my calories.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oh damn well I've been doing the calorie counting thing have had good luck doing that was just thinking I should try to supplement my apoitite good thing they were cheep lol
  • Azexas
    Options
    Just stick with the calorie counting :) There is no magic pill sadly.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    So true I just find I'm hungry so much after I had my last baby and decided to be stay home mom I sorta ate constantly for two years so I've gotten myself used to eating so often so about two hours after each meal I'm starving that's why when I seen the stupid hydroxcut commercial about supplementing your appetite I said well why not add those into my diet plan guess I'll give it a shot but your right I've tried all sorts of diet pills there all crap lol yet I get sucked in by a commercial yet again oh well lol

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mixc5qeK6A1rfduvxo1_500.gif
  • Azexas
    Options
    So true I just find I'm hungry so much after I had my last baby and decided to be stay home mom I sorta ate constantly for two years so I've gotten myself used to eating so often so about two hours after each meal I'm starving that's why when I seen the stupid hydroxcut commercial about supplementing your appetite I said well why not add those into my diet plan guess I'll give it a shot but your right I've tried all sorts of diet pills there all crap lol yet I get sucked in by a commercial yet again oh well lol

We live and learn. You can try increasing your protein, that should keep you feeling fuller longer. The reason hydroxycut can be labeled as an "appetite suppressant" is because it contains caffeine, and no more than a cup of coffee really.
  • xotaaay
    Options
    I didn't like them at all or their taste. They did not work for me. You should have done research before you ordered them. They are a waste of money.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Maybe open your diary so people can help more? There is nothing wrong with having a snack 2 hours after eating, just cut all of your portions down. If done correctly, counting calories works.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Eh, live and learn. I'd be lying if I said I was never sucked in by clever marketing. We're all human. Most of the diet pills that are sold in stores are mostly caffeine anyway, although I'm not sure exactly what's in Hydroxycut. You can get the same effect by drinking some coffee.

Focus on getting enough fats and proteins and you will be more satiated. Also stay hydrated.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    Yes proberley should have well guess I'll just use the bottle up
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

We live and learn. You can try increasing your protein, that should keep you feeling fuller longer. The reason hydroxycut can be labeled as an "appetite suppressant" is because it contains caffeine, and no more than a cup of coffee really.

Are you in my mind? Or am I in yours? Hmmm.... *Twilight Zone music*

• gilramirez14
    Options
    Lol
  • Azexas
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Are you in my mind? Or am I in yours? Hmmm.... *Twilight Zone music*

tumblr_lfr3v2PCqA1qare4mo1_500.gif

LOL I just read your response too! Great minds think alike.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    Yes guess I need some of all your guys wiseness
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes proberley should have well guess I'll just use the bottle up

I wouldn't use it at all. I tried them, back in the day. They made me feel really, really terrible. They really aren't worth it, in my experience.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    Wow well I could always resell on eBay lol
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

LOL... Starting the bidding?
  • Azexas
    Options

Make sure it is still unopened if you are going to resell it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    For heaven's sake, don't touch the stuff with a 10-foot pole! You know Hydroxycut has been associated with liver and kidney problems, heart problems and even death, right?
    FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One death due to liver failure has been reported to the FDA.

Liver injury, although rare, was reported by patients at the doses of Hydroxycut recommended on the bottle. Symptoms of liver injury include jaundice (yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes) and brown urine. Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, light-colored stools, excessive fatigue, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, itching, and loss of appetite.

Other health problems reported include seizures; cardiovascular disorders; and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure.

FDA urges consumers to stop using Hydroxycut products in order to avoid any undue risk, says Linda Katz, M.D., interim chief medical officer of FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. "Adverse events are rare, but exist," Katz says. "Consumers should consult a physician or other health care professional if they are experiencing symptoms possibly associated with these products.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm152152.htm

Amazes me to no end what people will subject themselves to.

And don't resell them on eBay where someone else will buy them and potentially have dangerous side effects from them! Do you want that on your conscience? I sure wouldn't.

Toss that stuff out and lose weight the healthy way, by eating fewer calories than you burn.
  • Azexas
    edited February 2015
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    For heaven's sake, don't touch the stuff with a 10-foot pole! You know Hydroxycut has been associated with liver and kidney problems, heart problems and even death, right?
    FDA has received 23 reports of serious health problems ranging from jaundice and elevated liver enzymes, an indicator of potential liver injury, to liver damage requiring liver transplant. One death due to liver failure has been reported to the FDA.

Liver injury, although rare, was reported by patients at the doses of Hydroxycut recommended on the bottle. Symptoms of liver injury include jaundice (yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes) and brown urine. Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, light-colored stools, excessive fatigue, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, itching, and loss of appetite.

Other health problems reported include seizures; cardiovascular disorders; and rhabdomyolysis, a type of muscle damage that can lead to other serious health problems such as kidney failure.

FDA urges consumers to stop using Hydroxycut products in order to avoid any undue risk, says Linda Katz, M.D., interim chief medical officer of FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. "Adverse events are rare, but exist," Katz says. "Consumers should consult a physician or other health care professional if they are experiencing symptoms possibly associated with these products.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm152152.htm

Amazes me to no end what people will subject themselves to.

And don't resell them on eBay where someone else will buy them and potentially have dangerous side effects from them! Do you want that on your conscience? I sure wouldn't.

Toss that stuff out and lose weight the healthy way, by eating fewer calories than you burn.

This is from 2009.... and the gummies aren't even listed. This is outdated information.
    Date Posted: May 1, 2009