Replies

• peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    elleykat wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    peopletalk wrote: »

With all that you are doing, you are still going to have to make the time to workout, regardless of where you do it. You don't need a gym or a trainer to get fit.

Look up You Are Your Own Gym.

..I know. that's why I made this thread lol

Asking about workouts that you don't have time to do? Ok.

She didn't say she didn't have time to work, but that she didn't have time to go to the gym. My gym is super close and I still end up spending 20 minutes driving (both ways) and another 5 or so in the locker room changing shoes. That's almost half an hour that could have been spent working out. OP was asking for suggestions on workouts to do at home to save on time, not whining about how there is no time to exercise.

@peopletalk‌ Good for you for adding in some strength training at home. I'm also trying to build a strength routine I can do at home because with working full time, going to school part time, and a 6 month old at home I need my 3 nights a week of gym time to be spent in the pool - the type of exercise I enjoy most. :) Some of these suggestions people gave you are pretty great, and I know I'm going to check out Pop Sugar and this "Blogilates" thing. Best of luck!

thank you very much! :)
    best of luck to you as well!
  • peopletalk
    Options

With all that you are doing, you are still going to have to make the time to workout, regardless of where you do it. You don't need a gym or a trainer to get fit.

congrats on being absolutely no help and not even bothering to read the posts.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym

It even has an app that will tell you exactly what to do.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

I know exactly what excuses look like when I see them. Good luck to you!
  • peopletalk
    Options

I know exactly what excuses look like when I see them. Good luck to you!
    thanks! you too! :)
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I love free you tube videos! As mentioned Pop Sugar, Fitness Blender, Jessica Smith, some old school Jillian Micheals as well!!!! I do the 10/20 and even sometimes 30 minute workout at home. I don't go to a gym!
  • chaitrex
    chaitrex Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Someone earlier mentioned pop pilates/blogilates. Those videos are great! I don't really know which exercises to recommend...I do a few with 2 and 6 lb weights, but I'm no trainer. It's easy to hurt yourself with weights if no one shows you the proper way to lift them. How would you feel about taking up a little yoga at home? Vinyasa practice is great for the arms and spine!
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This thread is very useful! I do have time to go to the gym, but totally HATE working out in public.