Evening calories.....

Options
13»

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    I had sushi on saturday, ate 13 pieces and it quickly ended up on 800 calories (roughly estimated)! So watch out, but enjoy it :)
    10k steps a day is very good. Keep it up. :)
    nvm

I'm still learning a lot -- What does nvm mean?

he just means 'never mind'
  • senglishrose
    senglishrose Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    zachbonner wrote: »
    I had sushi on saturday, ate 13 pieces and it quickly ended up on 800 calories (roughly estimated)! So watch out, but enjoy it :)
    10k steps a day is very good. Keep it up. :)
    nvm

I'm still learning a lot -- What does nvm mean?
    Never mind :)

(shaking head) I would have never got that lol

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I like to save anywhere from 600-900 calories for dinner/evening (usually depending on if I was hungry for breakfast). Dinner is usually between 400-600 calories, but I like to either have some ice cream or a beer in the evenings, so I like to have some left over for that.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I save 600-800 calories for "dinner" on average - I tend to eat later at night, 9pm-10pm or later sometimes due to my schedule. I also sometimes HAVE to have dessert or I feel like I'll go out of my mind. So, 500-600ish for my actual dinner and 200ish or so for a sweet treat or snack later in the night.

I don't log religiously all the time and take MFP breaks every now and then, but I do stay on track with some general guidelines and meals that I've learned to estimate very easily and accurately. I can't even make a sandwich without counting each ingredients calories in my head and adding them together for a rough estimate.
  • trossRN06
    trossRN06 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also log all my meals the night before :) I may add in a little snack or have a larger portion at dinner if my deficit is too high. Failing to plan is planning to fail.

So how high is a deficit that is too high?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    trossRN06 wrote: »
    So how high is a deficit that is too high?

Depends on you, but in general, a healthy deficit is around 15-20% of your maintenance calories.

So, for example, if you'd maintain your weight by eating 2000 calories/day, a healthy deficit would be around 300-400 calories below that, or 1600-1700 per day.

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Troy13691 wrote: »
    @segacs I'm interested in what you eat for breakfast that's only 200 calories

Im a small brekkie eater too. I usually only eat a piece of whole meal bread ( toast) with a light butter and either vegemite or peanut butter. anywhere from 115-150 calories. if i add a poached egg instead its still around 200 calories.

I'm a small breakfast person too! My go-to (and very filling!) breakfast is a slice of toast (sara lee 45 calorie bread) with a smear of hummus on it, then topped with spinach sliced grape tomatoes and a fried egg. It usually comes in under 200 calories.