Not feeling satisfied and happy about progress, help?

Options
brittany_812
brittany_812 Posts: 140 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
I've been hitting the gym hard for about a year. I've lost over 30lbs and have put on lots of muscle. I used to be really proud of myself and feeling really motivated, and lately I still go and work out, because I like the feeling, but I don't feel proud or motivated or excited about it all anymore. Even though my weight is staying the same, my clothes keep getting looser, and people keep pointing out my progress, but I just don't see it. I can't help telling myself that my clothes are just stretching and people are just being nice, or that their opinions don't matter because it's about my own opinion and how I feel.. That's what I used to tell myself when people said I was doing too much, and somehow I've flipped it on myself... I don't know to feel better. I should be proud of myself. I should just feel good about training and being healthy, but I'm not satisfied. Maybe it's because I don't have a goal anymore since I hit my goal weight, but I don't know what kind of goal is reasonable to set anymore.

I would really appreciate any tips or ideas about how I can feel better..

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on hitting and maintaining your goal weight not an easy task! As for telling yourself your clothes have stretched?? Come on you don't believe that!! Have you tried a new workout session? Maybe something new you haven't mastered? You mention not knowing what goal to set so perhaps hiking? Cycling? Something you've never done that would be different than your current routine? If you need a reminder of how far you have come the next time you are at the grocery store pick up 30 lbs of potatoes and walk around the store with them for a while to see what a favor you have done your body!
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Stop "should"'ing all over yourself, girl! :pensive:

I think you may be right on the money. When I reached my initial goal I totally slid off the rails even though I still had pounds to lose (my goals tend not to be weight related). When I created a new goal that old drive to continue came back with a vengeance!

Is there something you've always wanted to do but haven't done? Maybe now it's time to get started!

Feel free to friend me and we can chat about it! :)
  • brittany_812
    brittany_812 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I will definitely do the potato thing :P My boyfriend and I talked and sort of decided I would work on being able to do 40 pushups in a row without stopping. On a good day I can get close to 30 so I figure it's a good place to start :)