My favorite frozen tofu confection

Options
tinascar2015
tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
I know, I know...tofu. It turns so many people off. But I concocted this satisfying and indulgent confection 25 years ago when I was on this journey. It helped me to stay away from ice cream, which had been one of my real weaknesses. This is creamy and smooth like soft-serve ice cream. It's sweet and it's fruity.

12 oz. Mori-Nu SILKEN tofu (must be silken to get the creamy texture)
1.25 C. FROZEN fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.) I'm doing blueberries these days.
2-3 tsp. any flavor Crystal Light drink powder.

In a small food processor, whip the tofu with the drink powder until it's creamy and smooth.

Add in the fruit and process until everything is blended well and the fruit is well processed.

Eat and enjoy. Here is the profile (with blueberries)

299 calories
32g carb
11g fat
25 g. protein
62 sodium
16g sugar

This makes a very large portion that is very very filling. I have it for lunch a few times a week, and sometimes I only make half this much.

Remember, it must be silken tofu. I made this once using firm tofu and it was terrible. The only downside is that years ago when I had this almost daily, Mori-Nu tofu was .$99 a package. Now it's $2.99.

Replies

• minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could do a chocolate version using sugar free hot cocoa mix.....
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. What makes it a frozen concoction is the frozen fruit. When it all processes together, it turns into a soft-serve consistency.