How accurate have you found MFP predictions?

Options
Hey, I was wondering how accurate everyone found MFPs predictions on how much they'd lose? Because I was hoping to lose more than my prediction as I have previously 2 years ago, and other calculators online say differently.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    if everyday were like today this you will weigh xxx in 5 weeks...bolded part is the thing you need to pay attention too...there is no way everyday will be the same no matter how hard you try..
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The 5-week predictions ("if every day were like today...") that you get when you close your diary are not accurate at all. You can pretty much ignore those.

The pace of weight loss that you set in your goals (0.5 or 1 or 2lbs/week), though, should be more or less accurate (over time, as an average trendline, not necessarily every day or week). If you find you're losing faster or slower, you can adjust your daily activity level or adjust how many of your workout calories you eat back.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Not at all, because my days are never that consistent, not even for a week, much less five.
  • Tiny_Charles
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    The 5-week predictions ("if every day were like today...") that you get when you close your diary are not accurate at all. You can pretty much ignore those.

The pace of weight loss that you set in your goals (0.5 or 1 or 2lbs/week), though, should be more or less accurate (over time, as an average trendline, not necessarily every day or week). If you find you're losing faster or slower, you can adjust your daily activity level or adjust how many of your workout calories you eat back.

Thank you :) Awh I feel better now:) I was so worried, as I've looked up so much stuff over the last 2 years I felt all of my before knowledge was pointless because this was out by about 3lbs
  • Tiny_Charles
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    if everyday were like today this you will weigh xxx in 5 weeks...bolded part is the thing you need to pay attention too...there is no way everyday will be the same no matter how hard you try..

Yea I know that, my days range a lot but still it seems inaccurate
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I would probably would be under weight by now if those predictions were correct.

I did finally do the math and reduced my calorie allowance so my deficit would roughly match my weight loss. Doing so made this process less frustrating.