Replies

• elucke
    elucke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My husband does bbq pulled pork. Also we do crockpot porkchops. Just pork chops, cream of chicken, packet of low sodium brown gravy, maybe some ranch seasoning. Cook for 3-4 hrs in the crockpot.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    Check out Clean Eating magazine's website I think they have some yummy recipes there. I love their pork lime tacos! Pork with fried rice and veggies may be another option that you may like.

Pork tacos! yum!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on MFP and it's delicious. I trim all the fat first, but you can use your pork tenderloin or pork loin which is leaner. Also, my crockpot cooks faster, even on low, so I start checking for doneness at 4 hrs. I use equal parts cumin and kosher salt, but not as much as recipe calls for because I watch my sodium intake. Adjust to your needs,

Carnitas in the Crockpot
    4-5lb pork butt/shoulder (bone-in or boneless, it doesn't matter) - I trim the big chunks of fat out, but not all of the fat otherwise it gets dry
    1:1 ratio of cumin to kosher salt - rub it all over the outside of the meat. You want a nice even coating. I usually use about 2Tbsp of each
    Juice of 2 limes and 2 oranges
    6-10 peeled garlic cloves, whole
    About a cup of beef broth (or chicken or vegetable, whatever you have, but beef tastes the best)
    You can also slice a couple of onions in with this, but you don't have to.

Rub meat all over with cumin-salt mixture and plop in the crockpot and
    throw in the garlic (and onion if using).
    Squeeze the juice from the citrus over the meat
    Add the broth to the pot.
    Cover and cook on low 8+ hours until the meat falls apart easily.
    Drain most of the liquid, reserving a cup or so, and then shred the meat with two forks. Add back some liquid if it's too dry.
    Serve with small corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, salsa, lime wedges, and cilantro.
    3 oz. serving = 130 calories, 3.8 total fat, 1.8 sat. fat, 46.9 cholesterol, 431 sodium, 28.9 potassium, 1.3 carbs, .2 fiber, .8 sugars, 21.8 protein

Guess what I'm making this weekend? :*
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I made this (minus the onions) and everyone in my family ate it - even my picky 6yr old

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/pork-chops-with-dijon-herb-sauce-525-ww.html
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of pork (outside of bacon!) But, I love pork with a bourbon, brown sugar and maple glaze. You can google it and find a ton of recipes that suit your tastes, but that with some maple glazed carrots and roasted asparagus is perfection.

Here is one of my faves (I omit the mustard):

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/01/maple-bourbon-glazed-pork-chops/
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my favorites. It can be made with any cut of pork;

Slow Cooker Pork Loin (4 servings)

1/4 cup Lite Soy Sauce
    1 Tbl Dry Mustard Powder
    1/4 c. Maple Syrup
    2 Tbl olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    3 cloves garlic
    2 tsp Ginger Paste
    24.00 oz fresh pork loin, boneless chops, or steak

mix the first four ingredients together in a cup. Place remaining ingredients in a slow cooker and pour sauce over. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Cut or pull apart pork. Serve with brown rice and veggie of choice. I like to use the Minute brown rice and add it for the last 30 minutes of cooking. Additional water may be needed if there isn't enough liquid for the rice to absorb.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I do something real simple with pork chops.

Put a few chops at the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour in a can of cream of chicken soup (or whatever cream of ... you like) and then cover it with a packet of dry Ranch dressing. let it cook on low while I am at work. Come home to a moist, tender, flavorful pork chop.