Look at my diary please

Options
I am in need of some help! My weight loss has pretty much been at a standstill for over a month and a half. I'm bouncing around the same 5 pound area. I am 5'3 and weigh about 130 pounds. I'd like to lose 5 to 10 more pounds. I had a gastric sleeve preformed about a year ago. I have PCOS. I work out 4 days a week for about 45 minutes each session. I have a formal event the first week of May that I want to look my best for and that is my motivation for losing this last bit of weight. My diary is open and I would love some feedback!

Oh...and I've only been faithfully logging, weighing and measuring since about Feb. 7th...before that I was just eating at my hunger cues but I was eating even less than...I'm forcing myself to fit in more calories now.

Thanks!

Replies

• terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Before I comment on the diary, you're the second person I've seen log "omelette - 1 whole egg 98 calories." Are you making an omelette yourself? With one egg?
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    yep, I make it myself with one egg. I throw a sprinkle of cheese and a little veggies in with the egg...sometimes a few pieces of diced ham.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Your carbs are way to high and your protein and fats are way to low. I can't imagine a diet of 70% carbs is good for one with PCOS and one that isn't very active.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How are you making it? In a microwave? Or in a pan with oil? How much cheese -exactly?
  • airborne18th
    airborne18th Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    carbs and sugar.
  • kamakazeekim
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I usually use about 1 tbls of shredded cheese. I make it in a pan...NO oil or butter
  • shenejm
    shenejm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree.... carbs and sugars
  • sonyacares
    sonyacares Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs, sugars and overall empty calories.
  • sunandstars2
    sunandstars2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    agreeing with previous replies above ...
    1. i would also suggest you eat some protein at every meal. egg whites, veggie burger, turkey patty, lean steak, fish, etc.
    2. most of your breakfasts are fruit or pastries, which have pretty much no nutritional value and will cause you to feel hungry much sooner than a protien. try egg whites in the am. with wheat toast and avocado.
    2. try to avoid sugary foods/fruits at night. the best fruits to eat are berries. if you have other fruits that you like, avoid apples, oranges and bananas. stick to berries and grapefruit.
    3. snacks should be veggies, not sweets or stuff like chips (a snack bag of chips is equal in calories to 2 plates full of veggies) .. the celery and light ranch is great!
    4. THIS above all else.... if you diary is complete as is, you are not nearly eating enough!! you're leaving a deficit of 300-400 calories per day! MFP gives you a target of 1200 per day which already accounts for the deficit you should be hitting. you're WAYYY under which is probly causing your body to stay in ketosis mode.
  • sunandstars2
    Options
    i wanted to also comment on your diary from 2/22 ...
    you had graham crackers for breakfast
    you had a beer and ice cream for lunch
    you an orange for a snack
    and you had 28 calories plus a diet soda for dinner.
    i'm not trying to be mean but this is the worst daily intake i can imagine! i would be feeling like death and not even able to think straight on this type of diet. you really could use someone with nutrition expertise to create a meal plan for you.
    meals and snacks can be 200-400 4-6x per day to stay within your target of 1200 (plus you want to eat additional calories that you've worked off).
    why are you eating so little? :(
  • jamesbhynes
    Options
    Inn acurate logging seems to be ye culprit. Everything I see that you have is in cups. You must weigh everything. Also I seen that you ate 3oz of 'breaded/fried' walleye which was 28 calories. The breaded and fried part alone would put you long past 28 calories. I imagine that number should have been more around the 160-170 range

Do you weigh your condiments? Or just eyeball tablespoons. For the sake of argument I tried to eyeball a tablespoon of peanut butter when I first got a food scale and then weighed it to see... it was a just shy of 2 tablespoons. That's almost 100 calories there.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    From a quick glance, I think there are a lot of inaccuracies within your logging.

I recommend going to see a dietician. The quality of your diet is lacking..to say the least. You're not eating enough according to what's logged. The types of foods you do eat are not ideal for someone who has PCOS.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    agreeing with previous replies above ...
    1. i would also suggest you eat some protein at every meal. egg whites, veggie burger, turkey patty, lean steak, fish, etc.
    2. most of your breakfasts are fruit or pastries, which have pretty much no nutritional value and will cause you to feel hungry much sooner than a protien. try egg whites in the am. with wheat toast and avocado.
    2. try to avoid sugary foods/fruits at night. the best fruits to eat are berries. if you have other fruits that you like, avoid apples, oranges and bananas. stick to berries and grapefruit.
    3. snacks should be veggies, not sweets or stuff like chips (a snack bag of chips is equal in calories to 2 plates full of veggies) .. the celery and light ranch is great!
    4. THIS above all else.... if you diary is complete as is, you are not nearly eating enough!! you're leaving a deficit of 300-400 calories per day! MFP gives you a target of 1200 per day which already accounts for the deficit you should be hitting. you're WAYYY under which is probly causing your body to stay in ketosis mode.

What?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    which is probly causing your body to stay in ketosis mode.

I think someone is unclear on what ketosis is..

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »
    Before I comment on the diary, you're the second person I've seen log "omelette - 1 whole egg 98 calories." Are you making an omelette yourself? With one egg?
    Eggs are not 98 cals a piece. Without looking at OP's diary I can already see that there is inaccurate logging going on. I don't think I'll ever understand why people don't just log the egg and oil as two separate things.

Copy and paste from my profile (added the 8th step just now!)

Accurate Logging:
    1) Use proper entries (check macros and calories against other websites like skipthepie or USDA, and against your nutrition labels)
    2) Weigh or at least measure everything consistently.
    3) Use the correct entries for the state in which you measured/weighed your food (e.g. raw entry for raw weight). Doesn't matter if you weigh raw or cooked, I do both. Just use the CORRECT ENTRIES!
    4) Estimating at times is fine, don't fret unless this happens every day.
    5) Log daily or as much as you can!
    6) Always be within 100+/- of your gross goal (meaning TDEE or net+exercise cals goal) unless you are specifically saving up for a special occasion. Consistency enables better pattern-tracking.
    7) For the love of God, DO NOT USE GENERIC RECIPES. Create your own recipes. always and forever.
    8) Don't log stuff like "omelet - 1 egg" or "turkey sandwich." Log the INDIVIDUAL INGREDIENTS; your one-egg omelet will be vastly different from my one-egg omelet.

ALSO
    carbs and sugar.
    shenejm wrote: »
    I agree.... carbs and sugars
    sonyacares wrote: »
    Too many carbs, sugars and overall empty calories.

Taking a wild guess here that these are all the same person.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    i wanted to also comment on your diary from 2/22 ...
    you had graham crackers for breakfast
    you had a beer and ice cream for lunch
    you an orange for a snack
    and you had 28 calories plus a diet soda for dinner.
    i'm not trying to be mean but this is the worst daily intake i can imagine! i would be feeling like death and not even able to think straight on this type of diet. you really could use someone with nutrition expertise to create a meal plan for you.
    meals and snacks can be 200-400 4-6x per day to stay within your target of 1200 (plus you want to eat additional calories that you've worked off).
    why are you eating so little? :(

agree. This is scary eating behaviour. Even with PCOS there is no need to eat THAT little.
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters...your diet is all over the place. I would like to add 2 suggestions..log each and every day and exercise. I know by my brief time on MFF that there are days where I am way to low with intake and my weight loss suffers from it. In January, I walked outside 11 hours lost 17 pounds. February, 9 hours walking with a 7 lb. weight loss. I'm happy with the weight loss however, I still don't have a handle with my diet. We all struggle with the weight, start eating your daily calories with good foods and your weight loss will begin again. :)
  • sunandstars2
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    which is probly causing your body to stay in ketosis mode.

I think someone is unclear on what ketosis is..

my apologies, did i use the wrong term? the process of when your body uses protein to produce energy... If you run out of glycogen stores, and no glucose is available, your body will then break down its own muscle tissue to release amino acids. These amino acids are sent to your liver, where they are converted to glucose in a process called gluconeogenesis. When your body starts to use muscle tissue for energy, you lose muscle mass. ... is that not ketosis?
  • kamakazeekim
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The reason why I eat so little is that my stomach is 80% smaller than the average adult. I also have a very hard time eating a lot of food, such as meat and lettuce...I love it but it makes me throw up everytime I try to eat it :( I also generally over estimate my food consumption to be on the safe side...I log what I cook/cut up but I usually only eat 4 or maybe 5 bites max. I have been trying to graze on more veggies during the day. Today I managed to eat a whole bell pepper and 5 stalks of celery but it made me sick to my tummy. I end up throwing up an average of once a day because food just doesn't sit well in my stomach. I have an easier time eating dry crispy textures but they're all really high in carbs and low in nutrition. I take 2 pre-natal vitamins a day.

I also avoid using most condiments, jellies and peanut butter (I hate peanut butter)

• sunandstars2
    Options
    that is a tough situation. i will try to avoid using terms i apparently have the wrong definition for, but i think there are several ways you could improve your diet even with these limitations. you may want to talk to your doctor. one thing is for sure, you're not happy where you are and what you've been doing is not working, so you are in the right place for deciding to do something different. :)