take I don't know anymore

Options
Ok, so I decided to try this again. I actually logged everything I ate today!(including the chocolate chip eggos I couldn't resist). That was the first time in a long time. I'm not too sure how long this will last, but I can only take it one day at a time. The thing is, I need support. Most of the people on my friends list are inactive.

So, here's my story. I have PCOS. I have been dreaming of getting pregnant for years, but it hasn't happened yet. I had lost weight before, but the fertility clinic stopped calling me back. I have just been referred again to a new place, since my husband and I just moved there is one less then an hour away!

Last Friday i had surgery to have s bladder tumor removed. Minor surgery, but I still need to be off for the next few weeks. I am in the healing process, but I want to get back at this. With my husband away from Monday to Friday, I might be more successful at changing my weekly eating habits at least.

I need help to get this right. Eventually, I will be able to exercise again but for right now, my goal is logging my food.

Replies

• rdfaye
    rdfaye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am mostly food logging myself, and just came back to a tracking program. I am having a knee replaced in a week, so will be fairly sedentary for a few weeks (excerpt for PT). I am hoping exercising will be easier once it heals, but my goal right now is to just not gain a lot while the knee heals. I also have RA, and struggle with exercise depending on my disease activity.

Tracking has worked for me in the past, but I let myself get sidetracked by several major family crises. I intend to keep going with the tracking, and will try to keep it going even if the chaos descends again. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Logging your food is crucial it keeps you accountable. Remember you are doing this for your health looking great is secondary to feeling great. You can do it!! Take it one day and one pond at a time and keep logging
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thanks Melly! I haven't stopped myself from eating anything, but I have logged it all honestly. I have noticed according to the stats that I'm not eating enough protein, so that's a start.
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I echo others. Log everything. Boosting your protein is great too. Protein makes you feel full too! Send me a friend request, if you want. I have been on MFP for about 10 months and I have lost 50 pounds.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of your food is the most important thing! So keep doing that. I like to make little and big goals for myself, if I keep track of my food for 30 days I'm going to look at getting a fit bit. I find having silly goals helpful sometimes it's just buying a new pair of fuzzy socks. Just never reward yourself with food.
  • azeria
    Options
    I love the idea of rewarding small goals with small things like fuzzy socks! Thanks Skinny!
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Tracking will help you to keep control and make better choices in the long run. Try to get more protein from things like meat, fish, eggs, cheese,beans, yogurt, nuts, and seeds to help you succeed with your goals.

I too love the idea of little gifts to myself that are not food related. I splurge on new makeup or new workout gear for little gifts for "being good" and clothes or new shoes for big rewards. Good luck!
  • azeria
    Options
    Thanks for the help of where I can find more protein. I also will need to pay closer attention to my fat intake. I will get there little by little