Worried

Options
mizukikuro
mizukikuro Posts: 42 Member
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I haven't lost any weight and been hitting round the 15 stone and under mark for two months now.

I eat 300 cals for afternoon and morning and then go to the gym and run off 460 cals and my BMR is about 1,700 for my weight.

I then go home and have a meal between 400-700 cals. I've been to the doctors but they want to run some blood tests but I think it's something wrong with my diet that i haven't realised

Replies

• SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What are your stats? And do you weigh everything accurately? You say you burn 460 cals at the gym, how do you get this figure? (from the machine, MFP database or heartrate monitor).
  • mizukikuro
    mizukikuro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    From the machine and I do weight everything right.
  • charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories that machines give you are usually inaccurate and over estimate (in my experience), which doesn't matter if you don't eat them back but does if you do.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you have a lot of 1 portion's going on. What is this? Are you using a food scale?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You have a ham and turkey sandwich for 226 calories? What's that made from, seems awfully low

PLus you're logging 'plates' and 'servings' - have you weighed these and double checked calories

Plus Friday and Saturday you logged next to nothing and then nothing

Get your logging sorted so you know what you're eating - follow the sticky http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    Definitely start weighing everything on a digital scale and make sure you're being as accurate as you possibly can with your food entries.

I remember being stalled for months on ends losing nothing. I went to the doctor and got all my blood tests done. Absolutely nothing wrong with me in the end. I started logging more accurately and it's dropping off now.

I'm not saying that this is going to be the same for you. It's always worth getting yourself checked out if you can. But make sure you're weighing every solid on a scale and every liquid with a measuring jug. 50g of mixed vegetables is a tiny portion - like two bits of broccoli and a carrot tiny. You also log 50ml of cranberry juice near daily for 24kcals - this is the same amount of liquid as would fit in a shot glass. If you're having a glass of this in the morning at 200ml, you can see how you might be consuming 4x as many calories as you think.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    if your BMR is 1700, add on your exercise and you need to eat 2550 cals to maintain your weight (really roughly as I don't know your lifestyle etc). So to lose 1 lb a week, you need to eat 2000 cals. (which when ive looked at your diary, is pretty much what MFP tells you to eat). So why are you ignoring it?? I would try eating the calories that MFP says, as you are nearer eating 1000 cals a day than 2000 cals. I know eating less and giving yourself a bigger calorie deficit seems logical, however our bodies just don't like that big a deficit.

Weigh all your food, eat what MFP says to eat, and I'd be extremely surprised if you don't lose weight.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It looks like your diary is underestimating the calories that are in the food you are eating.