Clean eating

Options
New to the community pages on this app and looking for some tips and recipes for eating clean! Ive tried adkins and weight watchers before but im now trying the clean eating technique! Any suggestions will help!

Replies

• april_denise
    april_denise Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm playing around with the idea of trying a clean eating challenge (This 2-week detox plan by Buzzfeed.com) but I have 2 issues with it.

(1) I wouldn't be able to get the people I live with (my significant other & his daughter) on board to try it with me & (2) I'm not really a fan of avocado or tomatoes, which this challenge relies heavily on. Though I may end up just dealing with it eventually. :)

Maybe that will help you though!
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    How about juicing? That worked great for me and my boyfriend. First few days are the worst but it gets better and the results are worth it. Good luck!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Clean eating, detox, and juicing? All in one thread? I feel blessed to witness this phenomenom.
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ^ right! :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    New to the community pages on this app and looking for some tips and recipes for eating clean! Ive tried adkins and weight watchers before but im now trying the clean eating technique! Any suggestions will help!

I can't give you any suggestions on clean eating, but I can tell you not to get too hung up on it because you can eat everything you like and still lose weight.

Enter your stats into MFP, choose either 1/2 lb or at most 1 lb per week, and start accurately and consistently logging your food. If you eat less calories than your body uses per day, you will lose weight. You don't need to do anything fancy, you don't need to overly restrict what you eat, you don't need to struggle through something that makes you miserable.

If you want to eat a specific way, that's up to you, but it isn't necessary for weight loss.

And read the stickies at the top of the Getting Started forum, especially Sexypants!

And you don't have much to lose, so be patient :)
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! The hardest thinng about dieting is having to make 2 meals! The rest of my houee wont eat what im eating either. I thought about juicing which i may for a post workout drink/breakfast but id rather eat my calories! :0) im huge on crunchy things so ive been snacking in celery sticks when i get the urge to break open a bag of chips! I am not nixing all processed foods just quite a bit... Trying to eat as clean as possible i guess. :0)