New to MyFitnessPal

Options
My name is Kayla and I just joined today. For the past month or so I've been trying to go to the gym, but have only gone a handful of times, as I have some issues with feeling anxious. I can't escape the feeling that people are watching me work out while at the gym. It doesn't help that my family pokes fun at me when I try to exercise at home (all in good fun, mind you). Nor does it help that I love food and feel like I have no will power to eat healthy. I'm 19 years old, 5'5", and 150 pounds. Not exactly overweight, but not where I would like to be. I could use some friends on here to help me keep up my motivation :)

Replies

• duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hiii! Welcome! You can do it! I'll add you :)
  • Kayla21279
    Kayla21279 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • I'm not new to FP.... but I honestly don't think I've taken much time TO introduce myself :). I've used this site for about 4 years now. It has been VERY helpful on my road to GOOD health and self newness!!!! I would love to interact with others near my location who too are wanting new fitness buddies... eventually it'd be nice to meet up with others for a weekly workout or walk day out in the public world. I have found doing so to be so supportive in my own journey!!! Please send me a friend request if anyone is interested in comparing notes, advice, etc on there own journey, and would be willing to do the same for me!!! Those of you in my area... I live near Sacramento, CA!!!!
  • Oops... posted this in the wrong post LoL sorry about that :blush:
  • Kayla21279
    Kayla21279 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oops... posted this in the wrong post LoL sorry about that :blush:

that's ok :) lol