Not losing anything!

Options
2»

Replies

• krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    No! Don't stop measuring! If you can't afford a scale (which you can find for $15-20 at Target), keep measuring. A scale is just more accurate, and some people are assuming you're not measuring because you're using cups, which isn't fair. Measuring with cups is better than not measuring at all. Keep measuring, your logging looks great. Try lowering your calories by 250-300 and only eat back half of your calories at most, if at all. Adjust as you go.

Do you use a heart rate monitor for exercise or do you use MyFitnessPal's exercise database? Their estimates can be very off, so if you use their estimates, it's best to shave 25% off of the calories it says you burnt.

You're not alone. :)
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine, really. Just cut your budget by like 250-300 from what you're eating now, and it'll start to come off. Dont't quit! And feel free to friend me.
  • aprilh576
    aprilh576 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    No! Don't stop measuring! If you can't afford a scale (which you can find for $15-20 at Target), keep measuring. A scale is just more accurate, and some people are assuming you're not measuring because you're using cups, which isn't fair. Measuring with cups is better than not measuring at all. Keep measuring, your logging looks great. Try lowering your calories by 250-300 and only eat back half of your calories at most, if at all. Adjust as you go.

Do you use a heart rate monitor for exercise or do you use MyFitnessPal's exercise database? Their estimates can be very off, so if you use their estimates, it's best to shave 25% off of the calories it says you burnt.

You're not alone. :)

I use Fitbit and time my exercise and let them just adjust my calories based on how active I was. As I figured mfp was overestimating calories burned.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Why were you not losing weight before day 1? Well, there's your answer.....