Jump Rope for Cardio

Options
gevaisa
gevaisa Posts: 34 Member
Has anyone primarily used a jump rope for cardio? How effective has it been for you?

I'm asking since I really don't have access to a gym for most of this summer, including most exercise equipment/gear.

Replies

• weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes! Excellent workout! Go on YouTube for one good routines or use an app.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've incorporated it into my workout routine, I like it though find it monotonous at times.
    I'm considering cancelling my gym membership - I've found a lot of great at-home workout DVD's that are fun and have provided good results (and don't require a lot, if any gear, depending what routine)! For starters you might want to look up Couch to 25K, Insanity, or Jillian Michael's 30DS to name a few. :)
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, lot's of fitness videos online that require little or no equipment. Lot's of jump rope exercise videos as well. I am using Fitness Blender right now, and many of their workouts require little or no equipment. Even if you don't have the equipment, use makeshift items (water bottles instead of dumbbells.) Make it work!
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I saw Legally Blonde the Musical last week. This is Erika Heynatz who plays Brooke Windham: http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/celebrity/celebrity-interviews/we-chat-health-and-beauty-with-erika-heynatz-10231

Had they sold skipping ropes at the merchandise stand, I would've bought one. (I was pretty happy with my women's-medium [AU10] t-shirt though!).