Very busy and need ideas

Options
I have been using MFP for 2 months now and struggle with time to eat although I pack a nice healthy lunch finding by the end of the day I have not eaten everything therefore under my calorie goal, need some quick easy food ideas that are higher in calorie and filling healthy foods! Also finding that when I do have time I eat too much triggering my weight issues! I need to find a balance! Anyone out there with the same issue, how do I break this cycle? Hoping to find friends that can help me!

Replies

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, avocado, nuts. Grape nut cereal is healthy but high calorie. Just a few ideas.

How do you break the cycle? My thoughts. Don't go long periods without eating. You get really hungry and then eat everything. Just eat good healthy foods that you like and make sure you are not starving. Then when you do feel hungry you might be able to just eat an appropriate size portion.

Have a good day.
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Here is what works for me. I prep for 4-5 meals a day for the week on Sunday. I'll get pounds of chicken breast, or whatever lean meat, and pair it with brown rice or sweet potatoes, and some greens. I measure and scale so I'm hitting my numbers daily.

For some people, eating when they get hungry works for them. For me, I schedule to eat every 3-5 hours, whether or not I am hungry because I prefer not to get to a state where I am hungry and don't eat until I get full.

Good luck finding what works for you.
  • loseit252015
    loseit252015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you sounds like a perfect idea for me!