Is there anything you don't log?

Options
2»

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    The one bites here and there. They are rare, so I don't worry about them. Plus, I rarely eat back my exercise calories, so I figure I'm totally covered on that. But if it's two bites, I find a way to log it. Even if it's just "quick add" calories. I'm a church goer… the communion on Sunday doesn't get logged. But I try to log (and weigh/measure) EVERYTHING else. Water. Vitamins. Celery. Yellow mustard. 2 calorie sugar-free breath mints. I'm sure there is stuff that I miss. But my weight loss has been consistent… so I must be doing something right.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and some condiments like ketchup, mustard and BBQ sauce (because they are too much of a PIA to scrape of the scale). For those I use measuring spoons.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee, but I do log the milk/half & half I put in.
    I don't log mustard, but I do log ketchup, salsa, cocktail sauce, etc.
    I don't log pickles.
    I don't log spices.
    I don't log my SF Icebreakers mints, and I eat like 6-7 a day.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't log is my vitamins. I wonder if I should.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »

One of my vitamin pills is 0.7 calories, so I'd say no you shouldn't have to.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Mine is same as so many others...I don't log tea, but I don't add any milk or sugar to it either. I log coffee for the potassium amounts. I don't log spices anymore. I do log anything I chew even if it's under 5 calories. I definitely log mustard for sodium amounts and also the calories in ketchup can add up (although I rarely have ketchup). Any sauces/salsa type things I log.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am a naughty dieter. I log five cups of tea with a splash of semi-skimmed for the whole day but don't actually count how many I have, my coffee allowance comes out this too, unless I have a coffee-shop coffee.

I don't log- spices, food stolen off other people's plates (one chip, one fork full etc).

I log, but don't weigh- ketchup, green veg (I guess) etc. In fact I'm probably not very accurate at all, but I have my calories set to 1,200 when I really ought to be eating 1,400 to make up for inaccuracies. I will reevaluate my weighing strategy if my weight loss faulters
  • nono706
    nono706 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of veggies, but find logging them tedious, so I deduct 300 calories each day and then challenge myself to eat 300 calories worth of vegetables. I still log starchy vegetables like potatoes or beets, though. I don't log spices, coffee or tea, gum, sore throat drops, vitamins, etc. I'm losing steadily at this point, so I'm not concerned about a handful of calories here or there.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    There was something mentioned on another thread that I certainly do not log, but will leave it at that lol. Official answer will remain at gum. Lol.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »

Only if they're chewables...my calcium supplement is chewable and 30 calories! I won't be getting chewables again. Id rather have a butterscotch candy for 30 calories Lol!

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sugar-free gum, pepper, and diet soda.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I don't log in diet Coke, sugar-free cough drops (10 calories each), vitamins, or anything under 25 calories. I also don't long in doing silly dances while watching television, house cleaning, taking my dog outside in the back yard to do his business, occasional spurts of jumping jacks, etc. I think the calories that I burn but don't log in exceed the calories I eat but don't log in.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Gum and tea. I do log mints because I go to town on those suckers and can rack up 50+ calories quick.

I don't track most spices except garlic and cinnamon because I use a ton of those.

And I go back and forth on whether or not I track added salt. Just depends on if I reminder.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Spices
  • shaythep
    shaythep Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything that says 0 calories. So, Im not logging tea, pickles, water, etc.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I do not log some exercises, especially weight training. I might make a quick note about it but am not worried about every little set/rep etc
    Do not log water.
    Do not log some cooking additives like oil, or veggie toppings just because I do not feel like looking them up. If I was trying to lose I would probably be a little more concerned.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I'd log anything with calories. Now I have loosened up a little. But just a little LOL. Don't always log condiments (mustard, ketchup, relish) and I don't always weigh low calorie items like salad ingredients. And will sometimes estimate on other things.

But I think its different for me now because I am in maintenance and need to let myself approximate here & there.
    For me, personally, I never log the sugar-free squashes I use to get myself to drink enough water (I'm one of those useless people who doesn't like the taste of plain water). It's like, 5 calories a cup, but I know that if I start logging them, I'll be more conscious of the calories, then I'll start to drink less of it, and thus I won't get enough water. Which is bad.

Anything you guys don't log? Or are you all really meticulous and log absolutely every last crumb?

• snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Diet soda with 0 calories, black coffee, mustard, salt, spices and mints so long as I only eat one or two to clean my breath. (If I eat more than 5, I log it because they're just candy that sweetens my breath at that point.)