Eating back Cals

Options
So I'm starting a cut phase right now and allow myself 2200 cals/day. With my exercise schedule that includes jogging, beach body videos and hockey it hasn't been uncommon to burn 1400-1500 cals in a day...the problem is I end up eating some of those back and while I'm still under my calorie goal of 2200, I've actually overeaten the 2200 mark. I might try logging just 1 calorie burned during my exercise so I can solely focus on what I'm eating.

What are your thoughts? Any advice, tips?

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention whether you have gained or lost weight on this plan. If you are losing weight, keep doing it. If you are gaining weight, stop eating back the calories. CICO.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are using MFP goal setting then your deficit is already included in the calorie goal for the day so you are supposed to eat back exercise calories. Try to be as accurate as you can measuring exercise. Many people eat back only a portion of their exercise calories to avoid stalls from overestimating them.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It seems you are burning alot so you would have to fuel your body or risk burn out or injury. I would eat the calories back on the days you exercise and plenty of hydration.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention whether you have gained or lost weight on this plan. If you are losing weight, keep doing it. If you are gaining weight, stop eating back the calories. CICO.

This