Lost weight and gained it back help!!!

Options
In 2013 I lost 45 pounds! I was completely motivated! Then I lost it. I went from 217lbs to 170-172. I now weigh 200lbs. I'm depressed and feel like I'm in a sink hole. I still log in everyday and log. But I feel like I need a swift kick in he *kitten*!!! Anyone feel free to add me!!!

Replies

• margolinville
    margolinville Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    mollyya90 wrote: »
    In 2013 I lost 45 pounds! I was completely motivated! Then I lost it. I went from 217lbs to 170-172. I now weigh 200lbs. I'm depressed and feel like I'm in a sink hole. I still log in everyday and log. But I feel like I need a swift kick in he *kitten*!!! Anyone feel free to add me!!!

Start telling your brain NO! Say it out loud when it wants you to eat more than you should.
    Weigh yourself everyday! The digital scale is Your Best Friend even when you have reached your goal. Play the numbers Game! Eat 1350 calories a day you loose 1 pound every 6 days!
  • ChiChi_the_RD
    ChiChi_the_RD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I lost almost 40 pounds and gained backed nearly all of it! Feel free to add me!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    hi! if u need someone to help keep u accountable i can try and help! i lost 50lb two years ago and kept it off( well i gained when i got pregnant and a 5lb from prepregnancy). im now trying to lose the last 20 to get to my goal!
  • kmcgallery
    kmcgallery Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Start telling your brain NO! Say it out loud when it wants you to eat more than you should.
    Weigh yourself everyday! The digital scale is Your Best Friend even when you have reached your goal. Play the numbers Game! Eat 1350 calories a day you loose 1 pound every 6 days![/quote]

I'm in the same boat.... gained back 20, but I remember doing this a lot when I was having success. The more I said no to myself the easier it got. Say no to tiny stuff to start the habit.

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    mollyya90 wrote: »

Weigh yourself everyday! The digital scale is Your Best Friend even when you have reached your goal. Play the numbers Game! Eat 1350 calories a day you loose 1 pound every 6 days!

No. The scale isn't your best friend. If you have depression already, once your body plateaus and you're constantly weighing yourself only to see the scale saying the same, you will get discouraged. Take progression photos and measure with measuring tape instead.
  • mollyya90
    mollyya90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate all the help!