biggest loser diet plan yeaaa or nay

Options
Hi so I had a bad week last week and only lost 1 lb had been loseing at least a lb a week so when I went to the liberty yesterday I got the biggest loser plan diet book it showed me I was eating 1000 calories too little a day so I adjusted that on mfp also it said I should be eating 4 fruits and vegis a day 3 protein foods only s day only 2 whole grain foods and 200 calories of fats a day also had me adjusting my mcros on here just wondering what everyone thinks of this plan I'm worried by eating more calories I won't lose weight at all and only 3 protein foods does not seem enough had two eggs and a slice turkey bacon for breakfast and that's already my 3 for the day so I know I'll go over on that one any advicr

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    If you've been losing at least a pound a week and lost a pound despite eating over your allotted calories, I don't see the problem?

I don't think one slice of turkey bacon would count as a serving of protein. Also, those eggs have fat and protein. I think all this is doing is confusing things. Stick to what MFP gave you (making sure your inputs aren't too aggressive).

Also, punctuation is your friend.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just got frustrated and a friend of mine followed the plan biggest loser and I thought give it a shot I have been hungry alit I was at 1270 calories a day and was following it the best I could but now I changed it to 1379 a day they calculate calorie intake by your weight times 7 I don't know mayby I'll just keep doing what I was doing
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ^^ that. get a food scale and weigh your foods. weigh EVERYTHING. LOG EVERYTHING. its all about calories in/ calories out and your deficit. if what you do is not sustainable, you will quickly gain it all back once you stop your 'diet' - as many, if not most, of those people do. some weeks i lose 5 pounds. this week i lost one. sometimes, ive lost none. whatever. its all about your trending weight and not one weeks number. i eat whatever i want. just keep it in my calorie limits.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    Yes that is true. and I've been weighing and measuring everything so I guess I'm goid
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Why don't you just use the MFP settings at 1lb/week instead of 2lb/week. Or use an external calculator like exrx.net and health-calc.com and then subtract 20% from that number to use as your goal. If I do my BWx7 that's 1100 calories. Uh yeah, that's what I logged for breakfast and lunch today.

I easily eat more than 3 protein foods every day. My goal is ~125g of protein a day. I eat food based on my protein and caloric needs and on my enjoymnet/preferences, not what some random book tells me I should be eating.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    Yes you all are right I'm going back to the mfp settings I was using . guess I just got upset about only 1 lb weight lost . I had been loseing 2-4 lbs a week. but have been at this five weeks now so guess its time for it to slow down a little . thanks everyone for the advice!