Foods low in calories that still fill you up

Options
13»

Replies

• Expat4Life
    Expat4Life Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me too, it's so hard! I'm having trouble with the hunger pangs, especially in the evenings. I've been trying to eat bulky low calorie foods like veggies but my body isn't being tricked right now. I think we'll definitely have ups and downs on this journey - happy to be support buddies :)
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Another vote for popcorn here. I like adding nutritional yeast for flavour and added protein.

Veggies are also good, but sometimes raw veggies make me more hungry (what?! I know). Eating them with hummus / high protein pitas helps. In fact, adding veggies to beans or even pasta helps create a satisfying meal while cutting the cals.

Drinking liquids while eating is a great tip, I like to try a break mid-dinner to drink a glass of water or tea. I think room temp is better for your digestion (at least in my case).
    I'm like this too. Eating raw carrots solo makes me more hungry. Combine with hummus though and I'm good to go

Awesome! I think it must be the protein that works for us :smile: .
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A can of tuna fish always does it for me. About 100 calorie. Lots of protein
  • staciehudson13
    staciehudson13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what Hummus tastes like?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what Hummus tastes like?

Like mashed chickpeas with sesame, olive oil and usually a dash of lemon and garlic. It really doesn't taste like any other food that I've tried. But it is delicious.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating 260 grams of broccoli.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    egg white omelets! You can make a huge omelet or scramble, and even with veggies, some cheese, etc, it's a ton of food for little calories
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    soup.
    sprouts.
    broccoli
  • Andria_vfg08
    Options
    All the suggestion's of foods is so not the food's I am used to eating! Ha! But I guess if I truly want to do this diet I am gonna have to change the thing's I eat. I like trying new thing's though and as I get older I do start like other thing's now then I use to when younger. Thanks for all the type's and suggestion's! Make's me feel better and stronger that I can do this. If any one else comes up with any other suggestion's I am glad to hear it!