Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Try Try again....

kimberlynicole79
kimberlynicole79 Posts: 52 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
I've gained about 40 lbs or so over the last few years. So embarrassing to put that out there. Not entirely sure how it happened outside of the obvious consuming more and moving less. I was on Citalopram for a few years and I think that contributed some. I was working at a gym and then started working a desk job as well. I also did two figure shows back to back right before all this weight gain so I know that played a role at least mentally and how I handled my food intake. Think starving and over trained for a good 5 months to binge eating and not having motivation to workout. I've tried a few times over the last few months to get started and find something that works for me as far as not being to extreme with tracking etc. I just got the Polar Loop and it seems to be helping with the keep moving part. I've had it a few weeks and it at least makes me conscious of how much I move and trying to get in at the least the steps for the day. I was so glad when they connected with myfitnesspal for the nutrient tracking because that is what was missing. I used if its not in your macros website to calculate out my macros and it is significantly higher than what mfp recommended but I'm going to start there and adjust as I go. Its only day two of tracking. I really want to be down at least 20lbs by summer. Not too hard right?!

Replies

• I wish you luck!! I also have been dealing with emotional eating. You can do it!
  • kimberlynicole79
    Thanks! Yea it is hard to recognize. I also realized that I overeat which is obvious bc of the weight but just acknowledging that you really aren't hungry anymore and that its ok to stop eating is huge.
  • ktrader I am on Citalopram and I have often wondered how it affects my weight and or lack of losing. I have been on it for years now. Do you still take it or have you stopped?
  • Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • Good Luck you can do it! It really is unbelievable how little food we need and how large portions are this days!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Its awesome u were a figure competitor . That takes guts and determination. you can totally do this! To compete I totally a secret dream of mine
  • kimberlynicole79
    clydejoe79 wrote: »
    ktrader I am on Citalopram and I have often wondered how it affects my weight and or lack of losing. I have been on it for years now. Do you still take it or have you stopped?

No I quit taking it and it took a good month I think to stop having withdrawl. i.e.vertigo. I really think it caused the weight gain by increasing my appetite but yea it wouldnt have been as much if i worked out etc. Idk I was also foggy brained and kept screwing up at work. It did work when I needed it though.