Help!

Options
when im bored and have nothing to do how do I stop myself from feeling hungry?

Replies

• julescorbett19
    Options
    Try chewing gum! I have the same issue and sometimes if I just chew a piece of gum it helps keep my mouth busy so I don't think so much about eating. Don't always result to chewing gum though! But it does help :)
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Don't overlook water intake -- There' are quite a few papers on how 'thirsty' is often mistaken for 'hungry'. Give it a go; who knows?
  • kaylaaah88
    kaylaaah88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea. It helps a lot. It takes awhile to drink and with a little sweetener and a splash of milk it has minimal calories while being sweet and yummy. Coffee is a good one too when starting out. Eating things like carrots and stuff that's raw that takes a while to eat and the you get a lot of for minimal calories is smart. AND Smart Pop popcorn. It's a struggle but once you've got a schedule, it gets easier I think.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Do something else. I have the same problem and if I grab some water & do something else, I find it usually passes. Sometimes I exercise, sometimes I read...just do something esle even for a little while. If it doesn't work, then I'm really hungry and I pick a snack.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I make up different fun games to play. Next time I'm going to create this home made flick the bean game.

Counting-beans-maths-game.jpg
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Do you have hobbies? It's really good to have something to do that keeps your hands and mind busy. Some examples: sewing, drawing, coloring, knitting, crocheting, gardening. Or you can go for a walk or do other exercise.