First month with diet and a complex weight

Options
I started with a diet of 1310 calories a day .. First week, i lost 0.8 kg .. secound week, I lost 0.7, third week, i lost 0.3 then at the forth week i gained all the weight back before starting the diet ..so its like gaining 1 kg and 0.8 kg ,,

So should i be panicked by now .. I feel like i did nothing over the 4 last week ..
Should I complete the diet or stop it ? Is this something normal to losing alot of weight later :) ?! I HOPE

Help me please .. :'(:\

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Are you accurate with logging? Weighing and measuring your food? Have you had enough water? Are you consuming a lot of sodium? Have you started a new exercise routine?
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I can't function in terms of kg.....so basically you lose 4 pounds the first three weeks and then the fourth week you gained them back?

A) Is 1310 a healthy deficit for you?
    B ) Are you weighing and logging all your food?
    C) Are you weighing yourself the same time or day or same time and day of the week?

Your body can fluctuate a few pounds during the SAME day! A lot of things can effect weight from time of month to sodium and water intake. And weight loss is not linear. You will gain a pound here then lose three, then stay the same, etc. Your body is complex.

If the answer to A is yes and you are doing B & C correctly, then just keep at it and be consistent. You will lose weight :)

Best of luck!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are dieting at the appropriate rate. Put your numbers in to something like www.weightgrapher.com and it will tell you what your trending loss is. My guess is this latest scale result is an "outlier" result and you will see losses again n the next couple weeks.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Are you accurate with logging? Weighing and measuring your food? Have you had enough water? Are you consuming a lot of sodium? Have you started a new exercise routine?

That, and... well, there isn't much of a better way to ask this... are you coming up on TOM?
  • mscrazy23
    mscrazy23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    I can't function in terms of kg.....so basically you lose 4 pounds the first three weeks and then the fourth week you gained them back?

A) Is 1310 a healthy deficit for you?
    B ) Are you weighing and logging all your food?
    C) Are you weighing yourself the same time or day or same time and day of the week?

Your body can fluctuate a few pounds during the SAME day! A lot of things can effect weight from time of month to sodium and water intake. And weight loss is not linear. You will gain a pound here then lose three, then stay the same, etc. Your body is complex.

If the answer to A is yes and you are doing B & C correctly, then just keep at it and be consistent. You will lose weight :)u

Best of luck!

Yes its the answers of a,b and c ..
    I hope that i will lose weight ..
  • mscrazy23
    mscrazy23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Yes I'm doing all of those
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Are you due on or around ovulation?

Did you weigh under the same conditions every time?

Did you just eat a load of sodium or change up your exercise?

Weight loss isn't linear - 1 week fluctuation of 4lbs if you are logging accurately shouldn't matter - hold tight and weigh again next week
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    mscrazy23 wrote: »

Yes I'm doing all of those

Too much sodium and new exercise routines are both known to cause water retention. Reduce sodium intake, if it is too high.

Starting a new exercise program causes your muscles to retain water in order to help with the repair process. This is normal and will even out with time.

I wouldn't take a gain during the 4th week, after a new exercise has been introduced, as failure. If you are logging accurately and are sure you are eating at a deficit..I would just relax, keep doing what you're doing, and see what happens within the next two weeks. If you're still not losing..then something is off.

Fluctuations are normal.