Do you eat the calories you burned ?

Options
2»

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I try to cram in as much as possible. Impossible task when i'm running 20-30+ milers though. 4-5k is about my limit.
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It depends for me. I'm not at a high level of fitness, my work outs are mostly low impact. I tend not to eat my work out cals back. There have been a few days here and there that I eat half back. If your working out hard, I could see the importance of fueling that.
  • Kayla21279
    Kayla21279 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to all this, but based on the science of it, I would say it's probably ok to eat the calories you burned in a day. Personally I wouldn't eat quite all of them, though, in case I overestimated my calories burned or underestimated the calories I took in. Also I'd say you don't have to eat them if you don't want to, as long as you are still getting enough calories to maintain your health and provide fuel from normal bodily functions. So long as you keep that in mind and are aware of your calorie goals for the day, I think you should be good.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i personally do not eat any of mine back. i don't even log exercise.
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can eat more! Chocolate is a good motivator :)
  • jenlo1971
    jenlo1971 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    All my workouts are hard at this point- lol. Seriously. I've always used an hrm and a rough estimate on my workouts are burning 100 c a minute- unless I'm just walking then of course it is far less. Anytime I do more than just walking I find I need extra fuel or I will burn out very quickly on exercise or either try and deny myself the extra calories and then totally have a binge.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    jenlo1971 wrote: »
    ...a rough estimate on my workouts are burning 100 c a minute...

The only way the human body could generate that much energy over that short a period of time is if you poured gasoline over it and set it on fire.