Day Four of Brazilian Butt Lift and hating it

Options
I've started doing Brazilian Butt Lift this week because I really want to have a better-looking butt. My previous exercises were mostly running, occasional youtube videos, and calisthenics (including squats/lunges), but I wanted to start a structured program.

But I really dislike this one. I don't catch on to the dance moves fast enough and the only workout that I really felt was the High and Tight. Are the results worth sticking with for the full 28 days? I usually look forward to working out and I don't want to lose that, since I don't have time for both running and an hour video. TIA

Replies

• healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I also dislike BBL! Its way too dancey! I just do the High and Tight a couple times a week now because I felt like that one hit my glutes the most. I hate dancey workouts and have no rhythm whatsoever and it really put me off. I'd say if you're beginning to not like working out because of it then leave it. To be fair I doubt his workouts would be any more effective than just doing any glute-targetting exercises with your bodyweight, ankle weights and resistance bands. Just my opinion though! :)
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was meaning to find out, is this workout meant to help you get a smaller butt, or a bigger one? Because if it's too make it smaller, I'd give it a go, but if it's to build a 'booty', forget it. lol
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Glute-specific exercises can help you firm up and lift a bit, but that appearance comes from building the muscles. Reducing fat in your hindquarters happens the same place all fat reduction does...the kitchen.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I bought it and started it but I also hated it. Not worth the # I paid for it IMO.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Have you considered a pilates video to help with overall sculpting?

I like to get fitness DVDs from the library and try them for a week or two before I decide whether or not I want to buy it.

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I was meaning to find out, is this workout meant to help you get a smaller butt, or a bigger one? Because if it's too make it smaller, I'd give it a go, but if it's to build a 'booty', forget it. lol

It's just to sculpt/lift it. Genetics has assured me that I'll never have a small butt no matter what I weigh! Thanks to everyone who answered. I'm giving up on it and am going to look at the library for pilates videos. I've done some online that I enjoyed--I just forget about going on youtube when I want to work out.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

You can't build a bigger anything unless you are eating a calorie surplus (that would be called a bulk) so unless you're eating to gain weight you don't have anything to worry about.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Heavy weights and squats will do wonders.
  • FunkenWagnel
    Options
    Thanks, no, I was more interested in who they were marketing it at, that is all
  • FunkenWagnel
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. Glute-specific exercises can help you firm up and lift a bit, but that appearance comes from building the muscles. Reducing fat in your hindquarters happens the same place all fat reduction does...the kitchen.
    Yes, I'm aware you can't spot reduce, but I realise my question was probably not the clearest
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    It's marketed at people who are able to pick up dance moves that are shown quickly and edited in like a music video. I found all of the straight cardio videos to be ineffective workouts for me, but the strength ones have moves I'll copy.

I'm just glad I borrowed it instead of buying it. No wonder my friend hasn't ever finished the 28 days.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I loooooove it! Love Leandro! <3