What do you think has the lowest calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for the steak, because you know the weight and can ask for the sauce on the side. The Spatzle will be fairly high in calories, if you like saurkraut, I'd get them to swap out for that and some seasonal vegetables.

This or 12M but only eat one sausage (they will be the high calorie item).
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    And it's not so much for weight loss, I just know it's bad for me (any of them) so i'm trying to minimise the crap I put in.

If it's not for weight loss, just order whatever you'd like and enjoy it. There are no "bad" items on that menu.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    personally, I would get the lasagna Bolognese ...
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

nah, it looks like their specialty is Swiss/German/Austrian style food. I'd save the lasagne for a night at a good Italian place.

And, at a good Italian place? THERE IS ONLY LASAGNE BOLOGNESE.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

nah, it looks like their specialty is Swiss/German/Austrian style food. I'd save the lasagne for a night at a good Italian place.

I did not really look up the place...so I did not realize that..

being Italian, my eyes went to lasagna and only lasagna...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

there is a den of heathens here that make an unholy monstrosity.

Lasagna in a calzone.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Hmm for the most part a lot of that looks delish. I don't see where much of it would be unhealthy. Can't you just get what you want if you are not asking for weight loss purposes?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Edit: I should have scrolled down to see the link before answering

All of those option look pretty high calorie to me, so I'd say just get whichever sounds best and enjoy.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Yeah....I grew up in an area with lots of folks with Italian Heritage, I always thought Lasagne was an automatic delicious meal.

Then I went on a roadtrip in the US South. And ordered it in a diner on the way.

HOLY ABOMINATION.

Do not trust God's Own Food to those who don't know how to do it right. Trust me.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If the sauerkraut that comes with the meats is traditionally made, it will have lots of beneficial bacteria in it, which helps you digest meats beautifully. Certain probiotics, such as the ones found in lacto-fermented vegetables, help you stay trim and healthy. A healthy microbiome absorbs and utilizes micro-nutrients more readily. Enjoy your meal!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I would have 11M and enjoy the hell out of it, then move on. They always have that dish on travel shows about Switzerland so it's on my must try list.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I would just enjoy. Personally, I'd go with either 13M, or 14M but sub the chips for mash and add a side of Spaetzle. Oh, and some sauerkraut, too. I'd want to make sure there's plenty leftover to take home for second dinner (ok, in the spirit of moderation, for tomorrow's dinner) ;). I like Germanic food :)