Over 40 crowd

Options
Hi. I'm new here, single mom., work full time trying to take some me time and finally get healthy. I'm from Brampton ON

Feeel free to add me.

Replies

• jalosingit1
    jalosingit1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new myself and over 40 as well. Looking to lose 29 more pounds.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost 121 lbs with 129 to go feel free to add me for additional support. Good Luck with your journey
  • hipmama1970
    Options
    Btbeam wrote: »
    Welcome! I have lost 121 lbs with 129 to go feel free to add me for additional support. Good Luck with your journey

OMG. That is so awesome !! Good for you
  • hipmama1970
    Options

After 40 it seems to be that much harder!
  • gidget415
    Options
    Just joined the community. Working mom, separated and trying to stay on the healthy path through this. I want to lose 20 more pounds and feel great!
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi also over 40. Im new here but have lost 60 pounds all after the age of 40 so it can be done. I have 40 (hopefully) left to go. I hope the process Im working here helps me ditch those and maintain that. Any of you can feel free to add me if you would like.

Ive met great people on here so far. Nice little group.
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Those 60 pounds were the last 17 months....
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I will be over 40 in March - LOL I am thrilled that I made this far actually. Feeling better now than i did in my 20's! Lets DO this!
  • rdfaye
    rdfaye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Over 40, single mom, working, health issues, etc. Tracking for now, as I have surgery scheduled, but intend to work on the weight loss after I recover.
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was on mfn for a couple of years. Deleted my account last fall for personal reasons, but I am back. I need the accountability. Time to get back with it.
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    44 in one day. Up and down roller coaster of weight loss. Was at my highest ever at end of year. Restarted my journey 1/1. Down 20lbs so far. About 50 more to go.
  • JohnVanBlarcom
    JohnVanBlarcom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the community and looking to make friends for mutual support and advice.
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 49. Started myfitnesspal over a year ago - lost over 20lbs - got cockey thinking "I've got this down". Stopped logging and guess what? Yep, gained a few lbs back. Frustrated at myself. Just started logging again a few days ago. Need the accountability and motivation to keep going. Please feel free to add me - we are on here for support, so lets support each other!
  • 1tmgor35
    1tmgor35 Posts: 1
    Options

After 40 it seems to be that much harder!

Yes I am finding it very difficult!
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    41 in 2 weeks. Best shape of my life, feel free to add! :)
  • Seekerami
    Seekerami Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi .I am bill
    Over 40 and have 50 lbs to lose looking for help and support .currently loseing 2 lbs.per wk
  • jimclaybaugh
    jimclaybaugh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Am over 40, looking to lose 100 lbs, and 14% there after 1 month. In between jobs at the moment giving me lots of time to work out. Best of luck to all!
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I will be 40 in April! Eweek I am nervous about turning 40 :)
  • colls0325
    colls0325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 45 this month and never felt old until recently! I really need to lose 30 pounds and it seems so much harder now! Good luck.
    Feel free to add me. I need friends for motivation and accountability!

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    rdfaye wrote: »
    Over 40, single mom, working, health issues, etc. Tracking for now, as I have surgery scheduled, but intend to work on the weight loss after I recover.

Just remember that exercise is for fitness, and calorie deficit is for weight loss. It's entirely possible to lose weight without being able to exercise, so don't wait until you recover to start.