Am I hot?

Options
Why do I keep seeing posts like "Have you secretly crushed on the person above you" or "Name something you like about the previous poster"

Isn't this a fitness board!?

Replies

• karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree!!
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you are on your computer you can hide the chit chat board.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There's a little gear by the board names that will give you the option to unfollow.
  • HotPotato22
    Options
    Those posts you see are in the "Chit-Chat fun and games" section of the forums. If you don't like them, please do not participate.

To answer your question, yes, you are hot, hot potato
    Thank you!
  • roostking1
    roostking1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First impressions, no. You don't seem too fun to be around, but I could be wrong!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am not hot. Im freakin freezing here in ohio
  • HotPotato22
    Options
    roostking1 wrote: »
    First impressions, no. You don't seem too fun to be around, but I could be wrong!

Damn ouch! Well, I am pretty cool. I lift weights for an hour a day so my bum is tight.
  • HotPotato22
    Options
    Athos282 wrote: »
    Get that stick out of your *kitten*, and realize that fitness is easier when it's fun. People who take themselves too seriously are generally doomed to fail. Just stay out of the Chit-Chat forums if nothing else and may the fitness odds be ever in your favor!

That was totally unnecessary. I find most of the chit chat threads repetitive, attention/validation seeking drivel. Which is why I stay out of it. I don't, for the record, have a stick up my bum and I've never been accused of taking myself too seriously.

OP, like others have said, you can hide that forum completely. Or you can jump on over there and find out how bangable you are. Your call.

thank you. I will avoid it over there
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Get that stick out of your *kitten*, and realize that fitness is easier when it's fun. People who take themselves too seriously are generally doomed to fail. Just stay out of the Chit-Chat forums if nothing else and may the fitness odds be ever in your favor!

That was totally unnecessary. I find most of the chit chat threads repetitive, attention/validation seeking drivel. Which is why I stay out of it. I don't, for the record, have a stick up my bum and I've never been accused of taking myself too seriously.

OP, like others have said, you can hide that forum completely. Or you can jump on over there and find out how bangable you are. Your call.

Believe it or not some people who have had issues with their body seek validation for very good reason.
    Some people just like to particpate.
    There are a lot of reasons people are attracted to those threads (and there seem to be a lot of people who are since they tend to be the most popular).
    If it is for you, jump in and participate. If it isn't, scroll by. Or, apparently, you can now ignore.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Believe it or not some people who have had issues with their body seek validation for very good reason.
    There are a lot of reasons people are attracted to those threads (and there seem to be a lot of people who are since they tend to be the most popular).
    If it is for you, jump in and participate. If it isn't, scroll by. Or, apparently, you can now ignore.

I never said needing validation was a bad thing - I do sometimes, I'm sure most people do. I just don't think those threads are a genuine or a good way to get that validation. My opinion.

I have nothing against people that enjoy the chit chat forums, nor do I find all the threads over there drivel (which is why I said most, not all). It's just not my cup of tea.

I did take exception to someone who claimed that not liking that particular forum meant that someone had a stick up their butt and was "doomed to fail". Especially in the intro forum.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I never said needing validation was a bad thing - I do sometimes, I'm sure most people do. I just don't think those threads are a genuine or a good way to get that validation. My opinion.

I have nothing against people that enjoy the chit chat forums, nor do I find all the threads over there drivel (which is why I said most, not all). It's just not my cup of tea.

I did take exception to someone who claimed that not liking that particular forum meant that someone had a stick up their butt and was "doomed to fail". Especially in the intro forum.

I agree. I also don't partake but don't feel like I have a stick. Well , you know where.