I'm scared...

Options
2»

Replies

• Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    How do you know portion size? Read the nutritional label. Weigh and measure everything. Keep doing this it works. If you read a 12oz can of soda it's 1 1/2 servings. You will be shocked at what is a serving and what you think is a serving. It's kind of funny really. Just keep learning and don't be scared, if others can do it, so can you.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    When it comes to portion sizes, the best solution is to read the labels. Take a look at all the nutrition information per serving. A can of Campbell's soup actually has two servings instead of one, so something with 410 mg of sodium could give 820 instead if you eat everything in one can. As for fresh foods, I'd follow the others here and get a food scale.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    How do you know portion size? Read the nutritional label. Weigh and measure everything. Keep doing this it works. If you read a 12oz can of soda it's 1 1/2 servings. You will be shocked at what is a serving and what you think is a serving. It's kind of funny really. Just keep learning and don't be scared, if others can do it, so can you.

I agree that once you start measuring and weighing, you will be amazed at how much you really ate or get served in restaurants. 4-6 ounces of a protein is not much!! They say the size of a deck of cards and that is correct!!! Also, I started to look at calories of certain veggies - like carrots - amazing. I know these are good for you but... all this is an eye opener.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome.

change can be scary and challenging but it can also be good. I don't know what your height is but 200 lb is probably too much. Don't focus too much on the "what might go wrong" and stay focused on the good. and if you exercise properly, you will probably prevent any saggy skin issues.

I agree...I would like to add if you don't lose the weight too quickly and exercise, strength training included not just cardio, you should be fine. It's when you loose weight to fast that your left with all that extra skin..Good Luck!
  • StarlightAria
    StarlightAria Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You guys are all amazing. I did not expect to find this much support and I am really grateful for what you've said so far.
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It can tighten up by weight training.Sit ups lounges squats ect.you wont have lose skin if you weight lift and tighten up.Don't be scared do something about it
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale. I measure and weigh everything. It's great with potion control. As for the weight lose issues, you wont know till you achieve it. Go for broke and find out.
    Viki
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Definitely get a food scale. It's so easy to under estimate portion size and think you are taking in less/more calories than you are taking in. You don't need a fancy scale, just one that is accurate.

This for portions.

Don't worry about loose skin you'll be fine. I agree with many of the posters in that you should lose the weight slowly. And lift, lift heavy :)