Do you count your vegetable calories?

i have always thought of low starch veg as "free" food. Do you all actually input all your veg in mfp?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Yes - even cucumber :grinning:
  • honeybee_kisses
    honeybee_kisses Posts: 172 Member
    Always. It actually amounts to a fair number if you're eating lots of it. If it's got calories, it gets logged!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    They've got calories in, so yes.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Yes, because they add up quicker than you think. 1/2 cup of canned carrots is 30 calories....nothing "Free" about that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    For mixed salads - I built a recipe once and weighed a serving and it was 54 calories, so I use that - I tend to use around the same ingredients and fill my plate about the same amount so it's fine for me
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Yes. If it goes in my mouth and has calories, I try to log it.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    <3 I count veggies. I do not log every single diet jello, or 'sugar free-fat free' coffee. creamer. I'd be 'loggin' all day. lol :D
  • jaysiekemso
    jaysiekemso Posts: 101 Member
    Of course! They still have calories so you have to count them :) check my diary if you want, I eat a lot of vegetables
  • turn4035
    turn4035 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you for making up my mind. I will count them!!!:). I guess I'm used to the weight watcher approach free veg....
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    25gs of cucumber isnt a lot.

I could easily eat 100gs thats like 10 calories? :) all adds up
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Vegetables have calories so yes I log them. I want an accurate picture of what I am consuming and leaving some foods out won't help me.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    I just checked, yesterday I had a little under 300 cals from vegetables. Neglect to count them at your own peril :) ( I know you said you'll count, but wanted to post this for the benefit of others who migt be reading).
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Ooh yes, if it has calories in it..its not free! The little things add up, and is kind of how people say they dont understand why they are not losing, from not being accurate about what they eat and not logging all the foods they think dont really count.

Good to see you will count them!!! Yeah, it *all* matters!!!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Yes but I am not necessarily as precise with measuring/weighing them. If I am making a salad, I am most likely going to eyeball the amount of lettuce, but I will weigh the chicken and measure the dressing.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Considering I eat 2 pounds of veggies some days... pretty much have to.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Absolutely. WW is a different system completely.
  • frosty_19335
    frosty_19335 Posts: 4 Member
    I love putting in my fruits and veggies cause you get to see how full you can make yourself for next to nothing. It really helps contrast the "bad foods" too. Your like...that klondike bar cost me a garden salad with grilled chicken and an a bag of snack carrots two hours after eating that.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    I eat a mountain of veggies a day, so yes!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    If it has calories, I log it. So basically everything except water.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Yep. Some days my veggies total hundreds of calories and if I wasn't logging those, it would slow down my weight loss a lot...