what is going on? strange tast in mouth and cant stop peeing!

Options
as the title suggests, I am experiencing some weird things today! Also I feel pretty thirsty even though I know that I should be fully hydrated. Any ideas??

Replies

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor to check for a UTI and a blood sugar check.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    are you eating very low carbs by any chance

but doctors a good place to start
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    as the title suggests, I am experiencing some weird things today! Also I feel pretty thirsty even though I know that I should be fully hydrated. Any ideas??
    Get off the internet and go to the dr.
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant? lol
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    MouseFood wrote: »
    Are you pregnant? lol
    Ha, this is what I was going to say!
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    haha, nope not pregnant at all! I am not intentionally eating a low carb diet but looking back through the last couple of weeks it is much lower than usual - I replaced my morning cereal with eggs and chicken, there is no bread at lunch time, and my evening starchy carbs are either removed completely for some meals, or a much smaller portion size.
    -
    Will go to the Dr only if it continues for a while, this is just the first day
  • sarika61
    Options
    possibly ketosis from low carb diet. This causes bad breath. It's not bad to be in ketosis - it's the basis of the Atkins diet, and the ketogenic diet to prevent seizures. UTI unlikely unless you have urgency (feel like you need to run to get to bathroom), frequent urination, and the feeling that your bladder isn't empty, even though you just peed. If you have parents or siblings or aunts/uncles/grands with type 2 diabetes, you should see the doctor, but healthy weight loss due to dieting doesn't cause it, in fact it delays it. Go to doctor. They can check your urine for sugar and ketones, and you probably should be screened for diabetes, anyway.
  • fashionistachef
    Options
    I agree with <sarika61> I think you might have gone into ketosis. I've intentionally gone on the keto diet and that's exactly what i'm experiencing these days..frequent trips to the bathroom and metallic taste in my mouth. If that's the case..good for you!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxk9Zp849h1AOGlt7S6bTa9ju4IMCD4aOlLeXoR9pL3XjqR-ie
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I agree with <sarika61> I think you might have gone into ketosis. I've intentionally gone on the keto diet and that's exactly what i'm experiencing these days..frequent trips to the bathroom and metallic taste in my mouth. If that's the case..good for you!!

Man, I wish I could keto...that sounds awesome!

tumblr_m96ltrrxNx1r8p2q4.gif

• Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Are you on any new meds? If so check the side effects, metallic taste and thirst can be a side effect. I'm on a new med that they suggest taking before bed, so if that happens you are sleeping when it occurs. Good luck.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Did you have any fish recently? It could be clupeotoxin poisoning.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    1800DOCTOR
  • Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Metallic taste can be something else entirely too. I would go to the doctor. Been there done that and its nowhere anyone wants to go....
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Another vote for doctor.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Doctor pronto. You might be having a diabetic episode (high blood sugar), which can be fatal if not dealt with quickly.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Doctor!
  • crocky64
    crocky64 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Metallic taste can be something else entirely too. I would go to the doctor. Been there done that and its nowhere anyone wants to go....

I agree a matalic taste what ever you eat could mean something else other than diabetis a trip to the quack will be best option
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Those are classic diabetes symptoms...if it persists, go to the doctor!