Disabled

Options
I am looking for other disabled ladies. I can't exercise a lot but I am still losing weight at the moment!

Replies

• korikat555
    Options
    I am disabled and have to take it easy with my exercises or I will be laid up due to back issues including Fibromyalgia. I am so tired of being what I consider "lazy ". I am starting a regimen of supplements to hopefully scale down my medication list. I've never been very good when it comes to exercise. .... I really need to do this. Here's to hoping!
  • Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    korikat555 wrote: »
    I am disabled and have to take it easy with my exercises or I will be laid up due to back issues including Fibromyalgia. I am so tired of being what I consider "lazy ". I am starting a regimen of supplements to hopefully scale down my medication list. I've never been very good when it comes to exercise. .... I really need to do this. Here's to hoping!

You can do it! I too have a lot of medication to take. I also have angina where I can't do anything strenuous. I got exercises off the doctor that you can do sitting down. They are helping. I have lost 1st 12lbs so far. Next weigh-in is Wednesday. Here's hoping I have lost something
  • AJC19706
    AJC19706 Posts: 5
    Options
    Asthma w/18 surgeries, inc a spinal fusion, have implant to control seizures as well. Looking for motivation to continue, yet I like to congratulate those that lose, is that ironic?
    17 meds daily...do any of you get frustrated like this w/ the meds?
  • Sweepypie
    Options
    AJC19706 wrote: »
    Asthma w/18 surgeries, inc a spinal fusion, have implant to control seizures as well. Looking for motivation to continue, yet I like to congratulate those that lose, is that ironic?
    17 meds daily...do any of you get frustrated like this w/ the meds?

I hate taking my meds! I take 14 meds daily. Try moving your arms about. My doctor told me to do that, as its a form of exercise. Have one flight of stairs to go up here and I find it difficult. Don't worry if you go over your sugar quota. I go over every day yet I am still losing weight. When we go out I have to use my wheelchair. Hope you have a good journey with your weight loss! :)
  • drstar59
    drstar59 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just got diagnosed with intracranial pressure with the first option for treatment being weight loss so...
  • drstar59
    drstar59 Posts: 3
    Options
    I also have pinched nerves in my neck and back causing headaches so getting motivated is a big objective. My daughter is disabled, she is medicated for seizure disorder. We have been trying different types of yoga on u tube.
  • Sweepypie
    Options
    How are you and your daughter getting on with Yoga? It's weigh-in tomorrow!