Help motivate me?

Options
I have been consistently trying to lose weight for about 2 years now. I get into a really good trend and then something (usually cheesecake or ice cream) knocks me off my track and I take forever to get back on it.

I am looking for people who can keep me going! Feel free to add me and lets help each other :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How exactly does ice cream knock you off track? I eat desert pretty much every night. Sounds to me like you're just overly restrictive and then you kick yourself when you can't live up to unrealistic restrictions.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Yes, if one food item takes you off track I'd think a better approach might be to 1) find out why, and 2) work on your relationship with food. That is something most people need to do first in order to have long-term success.

Identifying why you eat what you do and when you do can help change bad habits into good ones. Then this becomes a way of life instead of a burden.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ^^ All of the above.

Also, if you expect other people to motivate you for you, you are going to be sorely disappointed. Even the most motivating cheerleading-type people can't help you in the slightest, if you aren't ready and willing to do the work yourself.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I'll add you