The Feminine Curse

Options
Blessed Day All!
I assume that most reading this are women, based on the title.
I just wanted to bring up a couple of issues for discussion today.

A) Water weight during 'that time' and how it affects your mental, and physical. (including you weight)

B) Ways to battle the fatique and emotions that inevitably come with the territory.

So far this morning ive busted out crying at the site of a poor duck who somehow ended up as unlucky roadkill ( i am also a person who cant handle raw meat, freaks me out)
im having a hard time this morning with stress at work, and just needed to unload.

Does anyone else have a case of the Mondays?

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Blessed Day All!
    I assume that most reading this are women, based on the title.
    I just wanted to bring up a couple of issues for discussion today.

A) Water weight during 'that time' and how it affects your mental, and physical. (including you weight)

B) Ways to battle the fatique and emotions that inevitably come with the territory.

So far this morning ive busted out crying at the site of a poor duck who somehow ended up as unlucky roadkill ( i am also a person who cant handle raw meat, freaks me out)
    im having a hard time this morning with stress at work, and just needed to unload.

Does anyone else have a case of the Mondays?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Aunt Flo payed me an early visit plus I've been taking care of 3 little sicklings... my 2 girls & hubbz.... I am so drained!

I'm usually ok on Mondays but this weekend was rough.

Water weight affects your weight & mood so please do not try to weigh yourself during that time of the month.

I have yet to figure out the fatigue but then again I don't get it as much as others.
    It's very nice out today and I'm trying to talk myself into getting my 2 y/o & myself dressed and go for a walk... :indifferent:

Oh Aunt Flo... how I dislike your surprise visits!:explode:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds during my last period, lol, all water though. ugh
  • Elvidnir
    Elvidnir Posts: 23
    Options
    I gained 5 pounds of water last period. :sad:
    But then it magically all fell off in a day, which makes it all better.
    You just have to look forward to that day where you suddenly feel more beautiful and thinner instead of like a giant pimply walrus. :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I admit to taking a water pill every once in awhile when I just cannot deal with a "fat day".

Increase your water intake during those nasty few days and it really helps.

and whatever you do STAY OFF THE SCALE! :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If fatigue is really a problem, talk to your doctor about it. Mine recommended a B12 supplement. It has been magic. I used to skip about three workout days a week due to my "special lady time". This month, I just took my B12 and headed to the gym.

Again, talk to your doctor. Your case might be different.

And remove the scale from your house during this time!:tongue: (OK, maybe a bit extreme. . .) but that is all fake weight, and will go away. :flowerforyou: