The gym does help

jamie610811
jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
Last night my 14 year old son jumped on me whilst I was sat on the floor. I tried to get him off but he is getting strong, without thinking I managed to get up and squatted with him on my shoulders 20 times
3 months ago I would have had to tap out lol.
WHOS THE DADDY

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Now that is cool. :bigsmile:

My son was 6'4" when he was 14. Even with the workout i do I don't think I could squat him. Calf raises, yes. But not squats.
  • JeffersJJ
    JeffersJJ Posts: 58 Member
    Not only are you getting stronger, you're still a jungle gym like you were when he was a toddler.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    You win for the NSV of the day. I doubt I could squat with my cat on my shoulders 20 times. Great work!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Ha! My 10-year-old thinks it's hilarious to jump on my back and demand that I do pushups when I'm trying to tuck her in at night. I could squat her, but not for 20 reps!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    That is awesome!!!

It's made a big difference to me too. I'm not the most graceful person on the planet (ok, I'm a major clutz) but I realized how much exercising was improving my balance and coordination about this time last year. My husband and I were out for a drive on our speeder (mini train car, photo in my profile pics) and had to remove a fallen tree from the tracks. I put all my weight behind pulling on this branch and when it snapped I actually kept my footing! If I'd tried that before I would've gone *kitten* over teakettle and probably broken something!