Please don't be discouraged!

Options
4leighbee
4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
I'm on my 54th day of logging into MFP and really making a concerted effort to lose some weight and improve my running times. I stayed at 158-159 for weeks. Weeeeeeeeeeks. (Okay, it was only a few weeks, but good grief it felt like forever - you know what I mean?) I asked on the forums about the number of calories I was using - should I increase them? Should I decrease them? Do beer calories really count? (Okay, I didn't ask that - I know the answer to that.) Ack - why won't the scale move? What am I doing wrong? (I'm not ignorant - but I am extremely impatient.)

Wonderful people here told me (basically) to chill out, keep working out, keep eating the right things. Be patient. Stay hydrated. Sometimes it takes the body some time to respond. Last week, I was at 155.8 and today 154.8. One of MFP peeps says regularly "keep doing the things..." That struck a chord. Yep. I know I'm doing the right things for my body/health, whether or not the scale moves right away. You need to know that, too. Be proud of the changes you're making for the long run. And - if you're honest with yourself, if you pay attention and learn, and if you move your body ... you will be rewarded for it, with scale victories and (more importantly) with non-scale victories.

Good job to you! And good job to me! :)

Replies

• megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was a like button so I could like your post!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • bbgsup23
    Options
    Kudos
  • skthibert
    skthibert Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    WOW! If I didn't know any better I would almost say that is me. I have been between 162 and 158 for over a year now. I recently started MFP.... Again for the third time. I'm on day 58 now, I did go down to 154.4 last week, but now I'm back to 158.2. Difference is, even though the scale isn't moving the way I want it to, I feel much better in general. More energy, brighter mood, not bloated and gross feeling after I eat. I also lost an inch around my hips, an inch around my waist and 1/2 an inch around the girls ( those can stay though,lol) Point is, it's not all about the scale and it has taken me a while to realize that, and sometimes I need a reminder of that as well!
  • tillyburg490
    tillyburg490 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya sistas. What are we doing wrong. I do feel better, not as jiggly lol. I've been working out for 3 weeks. And feel much better when I do that but IDK. same thing going on with me.
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You rock!! Love this post. Great read. Thanks OP:-)
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    swole_elsa wrote: »
    You rock!! Love this post. Great read. Thanks OP:-)

It was fun to write, too! :)
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great post - thank you! It's good to hear/read such motivational and down-to-earth comments.
  • sh3llbell
    sh3llbell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    love your post - I am at 155 and need to drop but not managing to... was motivaitng to read your post - Thanks :smiley:
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    That makes me happy. Thank you.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Lol returned to my own post during a plateau as a reminder ... :)
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! It just gave me added motivation as I was start to feel some kinda way about this journey!!! Thanks
  • Loudnewchamp
    Options
    shut up
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    shut up

Say what?

Anyway, great post OP. Should be required reading for new folk.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Lol ... thanks.
  • davidp915
    davidp915 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! I enjoyed your post. I was having the same issues with my weight. This is a frustrating process so I need patience. Posts written with humor (like yours) definitely help. Congrats on your progress. Keep it up!
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    this is what I needed to hear this week so thanks!
  • Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    <3 this! I tend to lose my focus every few weeks, but I wrangle myself back into "doing the things" (sorta, I try anyhow). I love that you shared your story. Needed this today!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Nice post, glad you stuck with it. Far too much stress and impatience on these forums, so its nice to see you took on board what people suggested. Also nice to see a post that affirms how much help is given on these forums rather than a mean people thread.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Lol returned to my own post during a plateau as a reminder ... :)

Probably the way your body is going to lose now; not a plateau.

55835802.png