42 Pound Loss

Options
BioQueen
BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
Hey guys! So I am not at my goal weight yet, BUT today I weighed in at 139 and I have NEVER been in the 130's (as an adult anyway). So today is a huge victory for me. A little background in case you guys are interested:

I started gaining weight when I was a junior/senior in high school as soon as I stopped horseback riding and being so active. I kept eating whatever I wanted and when I went to college I kept doing what I was doing. I went from a healthy 150 (still at the high end of my BMI, but I was very muscular) to 181 (although the picture below is maybe around 175?). It never really dawned on me that I was unhealthy or that I really had put on way more weight than I was willing to believe. I yo-yoed A LOT in college, all four years. I gained and lost the same 20 pounds (150-170) about three or four times. I would let myself get comfortable at 150 and then let myself relax and enjoy food because that was what my friends could do (who were pretty tiny). Then when I moved across the country after graduation to work I had a hard time with leaving family and my boyfriend (fiance now!). I let myself get back to about 170 and was miserable. My fiance moved down and I went down to about 148. THEN we moved again to a different city so I could attend medical school. I put on about 12 pounds and everything changed.

I 100% believe that mindset is the only thing stopping you or letting yourself succeed. To date I've lost 42 pounds, I've gone from 181 to 139 (I'm 5'5") and this will be the last time (and I am going to keep going!). I have to say that one of the biggest motivators has actually been more on my health than on how I look (which is also important to me lol). Being in medical school I see SO many problems just due to weight. Learning about obesity and its consequences was really a wakeup call. Plus, if I can lose weight in medical school, which is insanely stressful (I tend to stress eat), busy, and filled with free food, I can lose weight anywhere lol.

Big regret: I never took proper before photos. So my progress photos won't match at all, sorry! I am super bummed I didn't do this. I don't even have a picture at my highest weight and I don't know for certain how much I weighed in the before picture below.

Height: 5'5"
Before: 181 lbs (~175 in the picture?)
After: 139
UGW: 120-125

5teh9b23h6rh.png

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!
  • iamnotjess
    iamnotjess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Way to go!
  • barbre64
    barbre64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing job, WTG!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • charlie_anne
    charlie_anne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great work! Same height as you but with a heavier start weight. 140 looks like a good goal!
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congrats on making so much progress on multiple goals at the same time; it is impressive!
  • abbycassidy1
    Options
    you look beautiful, both before and after, but after pic you are glowing!! good on you, can't wait for the first pounds to come off!
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress, keep up the good work. Coincidentally we are the same height and have the same goal weight. I am 1/2 way there.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • gidget415
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nicely done...congrats!
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, love that actual real info inspired you
  • luvnkim1
    luvnkim1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you! I am a Registered Nurse in the ICU and one of my motivating factors to lose weight was when I had to do any diet or exercise teaching to my diabetic or heart patients. I know when I talk to them about losing weight they are probably thinking .... Why is this overweight nurse teaching me about weight loss? She needs to take her own advice. No one has ever said this to me but I can tell that they lose interest when I start talking to them about weight loss. I want to lose 100 lbs and have lost 14 so far, I have a long way to go...slow but steady is my mantra, get it off and keep it off!
  • filangieri
    filangieri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! All your hard work is paying off!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    beauty and brains....the total package! Awesome job!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    you look great! good job!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!