Pizza

Options
how do you all estimate pizza calories? Im treating myself tonight and want to try to be somewhat accurate.
Also, what do u think is better/worse:
Cheese pizza
White pizza with ricotta broccoli and garlic

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    easy. look up where your ordering from. they should have nutritutional facts on theyre website. or are u making your own?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I look up the information on their website, and if they don't have it available, I get information from a comparable pizza place that does.

The second pizza sounds worse, because broccoli on pizza is gross. (and I love broc)

If you like veg on your pizza, load up - veggies add very little calories to a pizza. If you're trying to cut the calories, avoid bacon and extra cheese.

And - enjoy it. I lost 80 lbs and still had pizza at least 2x a month.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    They dont have a website! Its a local place. Ive tried to look at similar places near me but the calories are all over the place. Guess ill just over estimate. Good thing i saved all the calories today and over the week
  • lovelylightz
    lovelylightz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Margherita pizza is not as heavy as other pizzas. Actually I am splitting a whole large pie of a marguerita pizza later on with my boyfriend!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Thanks! The broccoli ricotta is my favorite! But im thinking i might go with cheese for less calories but i dont even know if its true. Another part of me is just thinking i should just get what i want and enjoy it, but limit how much i eat.
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Margherita pizza is not as heavy as other pizzas. Actually I am splitting a whole large pie of a marguerita pizza later on with my boyfriend!
    Enjoy!
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You might ask them how much dough and cheese they use in a pizza. The kitchen probably knows that. Might even be able to tell you the weight of toppings. From those you can estimate calories.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I go to a place that has their website info... and I get the one with all the veggies and meats. :yum: Very worth the 700-900 calories.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i would just pick the most comparable and go with the average as far as calories. pizza can be scary as far as calories go lol!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Thanks guys! It is what it is. One day wont hurt. Prob slow the wt loss down from all the sodium but i enjoyed it.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I look up the information on their website, and if they don't have it available, I get information from a comparable pizza place that does.

The second pizza sounds worse, because broccoli on pizza is gross. (and I love broc)

If you like veg on your pizza, load up - veggies add very little calories to a pizza. If you're trying to cut the calories, avoid bacon and extra cheese.

And - enjoy it. I lost 80 lbs and still had pizza at least 2x a month.
    It's pretty delicious when I make tortilla pizzas. I'd love to try it on pizza proper.
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would guess the broccoli ricotta is probably fewer calories than the cheese pizza. Ricotta is almost 50% lower in calories than mozzarella and is still high in protein and calcium.
  • eatingforspawn
    eatingforspawn Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Actually, I tend to find that ricotta is usually higher is calories, however it is way lower in sodium. Also you will get much less sodium with a no sauce pizza, which I imagine the ricotta one has none. It depends on what is most important to you. Personally, if over all health factor is my goal, i would choose the Ricotta, broc, garlic one.
  • nesian_twin
    Options
    Get what you want and like you mentioned, limit what you eat, have it together with a salad or something and for rest of the day eat light and next day exercise more
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    The broccoli one sounds yummy. I save pizza days for when I can have the whole thing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I go to a place that has their website info... and I get the one with all the veggies and meats. :yum: Very worth the 700-900 calories.

This
  • lovelylightz
    lovelylightz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Enjoy!

I had 4 1/2 huge slices. Enjoyed every bite. Feeling bloated right now but what is done is done. Gonna have to really make sure I stay extra hydrated!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Enjoy!

I had 4 1/2 huge slices. Enjoyed every bite. Feeling bloated right now but what is done is done. Gonna have to really make sure I stay extra hydrated!
    Yeah lol i drank like 4glasses if water with my food! And i have a busy workday and workout for tomorrow. It is what it is. I have no regrets. I will just know that the scale wont move for a few days. Last month i ate pizza and lost nothing for a few days but then dropped 3.1lbs in one day.