How to stay on my diet wow on a trip

Options
i'm going to see my grandbabies and I'll be gone for about two weeks in a couple weeks and I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to stay on my diet I that I know I'm not going be able to stay on all the time but I'll try to keep tabs what I'm been eaten and some places don't have cell signal Love them grandbabies

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Bring along a cooler of low-cal snacks for emergencies. I always tote along Premier Protein shakes just in case. The trick is not to be caught in the middle of nowhere, starving, with only high-cal low-nutrition options available.
  • tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :)
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You can try stopping in grocery stores for some of your meals. They often have decent options for folks who come in on their lunch hour or on their way home from work. Sandwiches, cut up fruit, single yoghurt cups, etc.

If you're doing hotels along the way, get a room with a kitchenette and you can prep food in it, or store some things. When I was little, my parents would spend that money, then stock it with things like milk and cereal, so as not to be buying breakfast for 5 every day!

And if you know what restaurants you're likely to be stopping at, such as what is common at most of your rest stops, look up their menus for nutrition info online ahead of time, and make a list of things that sound nice and fit a reasonable calorie range for you. Everything at McDonald's looks, at a glance, really high cal, but if you see their nutrition menu, there are *definitely* going to be choices that are significantly better than others. I used to know what all I could get from my favourite places that fit within (or around) my goals, and found it really helpful. And helped with temptation, too, because I went in like "I'm ordering X" and that's what I did.

Also the bringing snacks idea. :)
  • tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks