20 lbs down! - 1/2 There! (PICS)

Options
So my story is short, my doctor told me I should lose weight because I have LowT. I'm only 29, and this seemed irregular, but I took his advice to heart.

I stopped drinking all sodas, juices, coffees, and switched over to just water. I started excersising around 20 to 30 minutes a day (walking / running / eliptical), and have kept my calorie count right at my recommended levels. It took around 2 months to lose 20 lbs and gain a belt notch, and I have another 20 to go before I will really start to feel good.

In the meantime, not being on any hormone replacement therapy, I have naturally increased my T levels back into a normal range, and am feeling much better! It took a few weeks of REALLY pushing myself to get the habits formed, but things are starting to pick up.

I don't have the pictures on this computer, but when I get home I'll load up a few of them so you can see the change so far.

Replies

• ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    wow! excellent, so proud of u! amazing how diet and exercise work so much better than meds! and with diet and exercise, the only side effect is BLISS!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Great work! I know what you're talking about, I didn't have my T levels confirmed by a doctor, but I'm almost certain I was suffering from the same problem... All due to being overweight. I've cut 31 lbs since January, and roughly 45 lbs from my heaviest. I feel much better now and I have way more energy and am noticing other advantages that come with a normal testosterone level as well. Best of luck to you on reaching your goals for a better life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!