HELP

Options
I'm currently 18 weight around 155lbs, I checked my body fat and my chest is 3mm, biceps and triceps 2mm, and thighs 4mm on the body fat caliper BUT I have a little belly fat around 12mm on the caliper. I can see and feel really lean except little stomach fat. Do you have any recommendations?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, you need to lose fat and it will come. Lift weights to maintain muscle mass.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Some say you cant spot reduce and that may be true but then someone I know has lost inches off her waist with hula hooping and proper diet
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Some say you cant spot reduce and that may be true but then someone I know has lost inches off her waist with hula hooping and proper diet

tumblr_mf8cor9BgE1rsm741o1_500.gif

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

The inches came from the caloric deficit. You can't out exercise a bad diet. Additionally, the OP is a male....*cough most likely hula hoop isn't his thing.
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The inches came from the caloric deficit. You can't out exercise a bad diet. Additionally, the OP is a male....*cough most likely hula hoop isn't his thing.[/quote]

I'm new here so could not tell by the profile that he was male, my bad. Its actually been proven that hula hooping does help with whittling down the inches on waistline regardless of what you just said. Caloric deficit can help to lose weight overall but exercise can change the shape of one's body.

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm new here so could not tell by the profile that he was male, my bad. Its actually been proven that hula hooping does help with whittling down the inches on waistline regardless of what you just said. Caloric deficit can help to lose weight overall but exercise can change the shape of one's body.

It may help strengthen some of your muscles in the mid section which may or may not tighten up your mid section. It may also burn some calories and in turn help you lose fat overall, but it won't burn fat selectively off your mid section. Spot reduction is a myth.
  • nesian_twin
    Options
    It may help strengthen some of your muscles in the mid section which may or may not tighten up your mid section. It may also burn some calories and in turn help you lose fat overall, but it won't burn fat selectively off your mid section. Spot reduction is a myth.[/quote]

I didnt say spot reduction did I? I was talking about body shape and how you can change it with certain exercises.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where the fat goes on, just as you can't choose where it comes off :disappointed:
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You can't choose where the fat goes on, just as you can't choose where it comes off :disappointed:

yes i agree but oh never mind, no use arguing, I rest my case

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

yes i agree but oh never mind, no use arguing, I rest my case

No no, I get where you're coming from. I'm sure weight lifting could no doubt tone up flabby legs etc. But losing the actual weight by lifting, not too sure??

• deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Actually you can target certain muscle groups with isolation exercises. If it's your abs your looking to lose there are tons of exercises for those, I use an app called jefit, one of the best I've seen and use, they have all kinds of exercises and routines to help you reach and target which body parts you would like to work on. They have 3 different versions of the app. Get the free one, that's all you need.