Macros - How to find out how much is needed?

Options
Hi!

I'd like to gain weight, but I don't know how much calories, protein, fat & carbs I should be consuming?
I'm 5 ft, 49 kg and my goal is to hit 55 kg.

Replies

• KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You are 5 feet tall 108 lbs to 121lbs. For you to gain weight being petite, I would start at 2,500 a day calories as a goal- just a wild guess tho! Macros are a personal choice based on what gives you the best energy. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    put your stats into this or another calculator and it will give you an estimate of calories needed...that's kinda the point of these calculators.

Macros and an individual thing...there is no one size fits all macro ratio. I basically try to get in around 1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM and 60-70 grams of dietary fat and round out the rest with carbs...this means when I cut I eat less carbs and when I maintain I eat more carbs...carbs are my flex. That said, I don't get all bent out of shape if I'm not hitting all of my macros bang on...if I'm 0.8 - 1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM I'm fine with that...I don't obsess about macros too much.
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The calculator on MFP is 2,500
    Is it good or too much?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    The calculator on MFP is 2,500
    Is it good or too much?

There's no way to say for sure. It will depend a lot on how active you are.

Try it for 4-6 weeks, and then evaluate your results. If you're not liking the progress, adjust as necessary.