It gave me 620 cal aday ?!!

Options
mmenna33
mmenna33 Posts: 11
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
well I am a bit shocked I only have 620 cal to eat aday ! I believe it is too little ! I entered al the right data !
When I first used my fitness pal about 10 month ago to Los wight after my second baby it gave me 1200 cal aday and I was able to lose a lot ! I went from 140 to 114 in a very short time . I logged out and I even continued to lose weight maybe because breast feeding ! I went down to 110 !!
I had some stressful emotional time lately and I was emotionally over eating almost every night I gained some wight almost 10 lbs and rehashed 120-125 lbs . So in order to stop this I thought about counting my cals and giving myself some rules . I logged in again and it gave me 620 cals ! I only need to lose few pounds and count my cals to stop over eating habit , I am 5'5 tall !

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's an error. Reenter all your data and check your stats.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    please open your diary for everyone to see.

I think theres something wrong because mfp will NEVER recommend less than 1,200 calories.

Did you log anything in there for today that would be giving you that number?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MFP has been broken in this aspect for a few weeks. Reset your goal to half a pound a week, as you have very little to lose (although, if your ticker is accurate, that would put you as underweight).
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There's been a glitch with the system lately. It shouldn't put anyone below 1200 calories.
  • mmenna33
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    please open your diary for everyone to see.

I think theres something wrong because mfp will NEVER recommend less than 1,200 calories.

Did you log anything in there for today that would be giving you that number?
    It is already opened now .
    And yeah I have been trying to stick to the 620 cals for about 5 days in raw but I found it so hard specially with two babies to chase around all day !

• mmenna33
    Options
    And don't goal to lose 2 pounds a week. You're already at a healthy weight for your height, you should be goaling to lose .5 pounds.

I say this while noting that you are trying to lose sufficient weight to go from a healthy low weight to underweight, which I cannot encourage.
    Actually I Have been always comfortable in my body when I was 110-115 .it has been my weight as long as I can remember except for when I was pregnant with my both babies . But recently I have been hating my body not because the few pounds I gained but because of the emotional stress that lead me gain those pounds ! I really hate it ! I have been stuffing myself with food to overcome my bad feelings
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    It's an error. Reenter all your data and check your stats.

This. I believe someone else recently had this same issue.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion ... I think you should look at the bad feelings and their cause. Your over-eating is a symptom of something else and changing your eating habits will be even more difficult if you don't figure out and deal with what made you over-eat in the first place.
  • mmenna33
    Options
    Wow ! I weighed myself this morning and I lost 7 lbs in only 6 days of doing the 620 cal ! I know I will gain it back quickly but I am kind of surprised , I have to admit it even if you lose it in unhealthy way you always feel glad about losing 7 lbs ! Is not it!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There's been a glitch with the system lately. It shouldn't put anyone below 1200 calories.

In my humble opinion MFP should be locked and not allow new users to join until that dangerous little "glitch" is fixed.
  • mmenna33
    Options
    I guess there is a crazy error ! After I entered my new progress it automatically lowered my cals from 620 to 600 !! I donot think I can do it anymore even if I lost sufficient amount of wieght but this is unhealthy and so hard ! I will try to log out and log in again !

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    @Olivia is there someway someone in admin could help this user fix the glitch in her account? 600 cal per day is clearly an error.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    mmenna33 wrote: »
    I guess there is a crazy error ! After I entered my new progress it automatically lowered my cals from 620 to 600 !! I donot think I can do it anymore even if I lost sufficient amount of wieght but this is unhealthy and so hard ! I will try to log out and log in again !

There are numerous TDEE calculators out there such as IIFYM, fitnessfrog and scoobysworkshop. Enter your details into one of these sites and set at -10% and manually enter that figure here as your calorie goal. Using this method your exercise calories are already taken into account so remember not to eat them back.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

In my humble opinion MFP should be locked and not allow new users to join until that dangerous little "glitch" is fixed.

I second that humble opinion

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    mmenna33 wrote: »

OP why are you trying to stick with this? There are other weight loss calculators out there that can help you until this glitch is sorted out. You should be eating at LEAST 1200 per day. What you are doing trying to stick to 600 is not healthy. You need to eat more to have the energy to run around after those kids. You may not feel this way after only a week of eating like this, but your energy will crash on that few calories. Eat more.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    MFP has been broken in this aspect for a few weeks. Reset your goal to half a pound a week, as you have very little to lose (although, if your ticker is accurate, that would put you as underweight).

This, there is glitch right now. MFP generally doesn't go below 1200...even then, that's aggressive.
  • cait0710
    cait0710 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    620 calories per day is not enough. I currently weigh 128 and am also 5'5" and my daily calorie intake was set at 1380/day to lose .5 lb per week. This doesn't account for any exercise. As mentioned by others, you are already at a healthy weight and shouldn't be consuming less than 1200 calories a day, especially as a young mom with kids. 7 lbs lost in 6 days is quite concerning.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I agree with the locking...why it has taken so long to fix is beyond me, it's been a few weeks
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    -_-
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I agree. We've seen too many set to incredibly low calorie levels on these boards. How many others are being set that low who don't know enough to check?
This discussion has been closed.